This week on RAW, the Steiner Brothers wrestle the Natural Disasters. Mr. Perfect and Lex Luger have a confrontation as well. On Superstars, Marty Jannetty tries his luck against Yokozuna. On Wrestling Challenge, we hear from Tatanka and Ric Flair regarding their matches at WrestleMania IX!
WWF RAW 3/1/1993: (Manhattan, NY)
1. Steiner Brothers defeated the Natural Disasters in 6:43 when Rick pinned Typhoon following a middle rope bulldog.
2. Mr. Perfect/Lex Luger Confrontation: Vince McMahon started the interview segment talking with former number one contender Mr. Perfect. Perfect told McMahon that he is greatly disappointed in himself to lose his spot at Wrestle Mania to that “no good, womanizer” Ric Flair. Perfect knows that he could just sit around and be upset about the situation but Perfect isn’t that type of guy. Instead, Perfect is going to do whatever he has to do in order to get another title shot. Bobby Heenan and Lex Luger end up cutting Perfect off with Heenan gloating about the perfectionist that Luger truly is. They eventually get to the ring and Heenan tells Perfect that he always knew that Perfect would choke on the biggest stage. That is why Heenan has associated himself with Luger, a man Heenan believes to be a future WWF World Champion sooner rather than later. Perfect chimes in and tells Heenan that he didn’t need their crap at SNME and he doesn’t need it right now! Perfect suggests Luger proves that he is as great as Heenan claims and fight him right now. Heenan ends the tension by declining the offer. However, Heenan instead issues a challenge for the biggest stage of all, Wrestle Mania IX. Heenan wants everyone to see Perfect choke at Wrestle Mania just like he did at Saturday Night’s Main Event. Perfect accepts the challenge to close the segment.
3. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated PJ Walker in 1:12 following a flying head butt.
4. Rick Martel defeated Koko B. Ware in 5:22 with the Boston Crab.
5. Jim Duggan Interview: Duggan cut a pre tape promo regarding his recent encounters with Yokozuna. Duggan isn’t going to allow a evil foreigner like Yokozuna and his manger Mr. Fuji disrespect the USA. Duggan tells Yoko that he is in the USA making a living and that if he is going to disrespect the country he loves, then Yoko is going to get the worst butt kicking he has ever encountered. “HOOOOOOOO”.
6. WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Terry Taylor in a non-title match in 8:15 with the Sharpshooter.
WWF Superstars 3/6/1993
1. Yokozuna defeated Marty Jannetty in 5:49 following the Banzai Drop. During the bout, Doink made an appearance and distracted Jannetty leading to a big splash from Yoko in the corner. Doink laughed at a fallen Jannetty to close out the segment.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow Interview: Vince McMahon conducted a interview with Bam-Bam Bigelow who still has possession of the Undertaker’s urn. Bigelow tells McMahon that in order to get recognized in this business you need to go after the big, popular guys. Bigelow believes that his attack at SNME on the Undertaker was his “big moment” for the time being. Bigelow continues by saying that he wants a fair match against the Undertaker thus he took the urn so that Taker couldn’t use any supernatural powers. Bigelow tells McMahon that when it’s a even playing field, Bam-Bam Bigelow will defeat the Undertaker and be respected by the fans and by WWF management like he should be!
3. Tatanka defeated Chris Kanyon in 2:41 following a Samoan Drop.
4. Mr. Perfect defeated Repo Man in 4:06 following the Perfect Plex. During the bout, a pre-tape of Heenan talking about how Lex Luger is true perfection and that they will prove that Mr. Perfect is a choke artist on the biggest stage in wrestling, Wrestle Mania!
5. Steiner Brothers Interview: The Steiner’s cut a promo regarding their quest for a WWF World Tag Team Championship against Money Inc. Steiner’s mention that they have beaten two top tag teams and that next week on WWF Superstars, they will beat the Beverly Brothers and move one step closer to their destiny!
6. Razor Ramon defeated Mark Starr in 2:08 following the Razors Edge. After the match, Randy Savage made his return to the WWF by coming through the crowd to attack Ramon until security broke up the attack.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 3/7/1993
1. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Koko B. Ware in a non-title match in 6:55 following a super kick.
2. Tatanka Interview: Mean Gene conducted a sit down interview with the number one contender for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. The interview started off with Tatanka talking about his heritage and how important that is to him. Gene mentions Shawn Michaels and Tatanka’s undefeated streak. Tatanka believes that as long as he keeps focus and has the support of the WWF fans, he can beat Shawn Michaels. Tatanka believes that a coward like Shawn Michaels disgraces the championship. Tatanka finishes off by saying that he will win the championship and bring back respect and prestige that the championship should have.
3. Nasty Boys defeated Mike Bell/Russ Greenberg in 2:57 when Saggs pinned Bell following a top rope elbow drop.
4. Doink the Clown defeated Joey Maggs in 2:03 following the Whoopee Cushion.
5. Ric Flair Interview: Flair shared some previously recorded comments regarding his upcoming WWF World Championship match against Bret Hart at Wrestle Mania IX. Flair believes that on April 4th the feel good story of Bret Hart being a People’s Champion will come to an end. Flair isn’t impressed by Hart’s talents and knows that since he has time to prepare for Hart, he will be prepared to combat Hart’s style. Flair believes that back in October of 1992 Hart got lucky beating him because Flair was told on short notice who his opponent was going to be. Wrestle Mania is a different story and according to Flair will have a different ending. The Nature Boy is going to walk out of Las Vegas as, The Man!
6. Owen Hart defeated George South in 1:45 following a missile dropkick. During the bout, Rick Martel called in and said that he is sick of the fans cheering for Owen Hart and the ladies whistling at him. Martel puts himself over and says that he will make sure the fans notice him and his incredible physical features.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.