Rebooking The WWF: Week 10, 1993
A month away from WrestleMania. What’s going on?
WWF RAW 3/8/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated the Kamikaze Kid in 3:01 in a non-title match after a super kick. After the bout, Tatanka ran down to the ring but Michaels ran away through the crowd.
2. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene went over the event and heavily promoted the Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart main event for the WWF World Championship. The segment included pre-tape comments from Yokozuna regarding his match against Jim Duggan at the event. Mr. Fuji made it clear that Yokozuna will show that Japan is better than the United States!
3. Kamala defeated Tony DeVito in 2:45 following a big splash.
4. Randy Savage Interview: Vince McMahon conducted a in-ring interview with Randy Savage, who could hardly stand still and was pacing in the ring throughout the segment. Savage told McMahon that Razor Ramon has gotten his attention and isn’t going to sit back and allow Ramon to just do what he pleases. Savage has been in this business for far too long to allow a rookie to upstage him and try to take his spot. Savage knows that Ramon isn’t at the venue tonight, but Savage issues a challenge to Ramon to be a man and compete against Savage not in a wrestling match but a fight! “Be a man Ramon and fight the Macho Man!”
5. The Nasty Boys defeated Duane Gill/Barry Hardy in 3:28 when Saggs pinned Gill following a top rope elbow drop.
6. Money Inc. Interview: A pre-tape promo by the WWF World Tag Team Champions centering around the Steiner Brothers. DiBiase made it clear that they have a plan to make sure that the Steiner Brothers will not defeat the Beverly Brothers on Superstars. DiBiase assures the fans that they will be the WWF World Tag Team Champions until they decide to retire because no one can beat them!
7. Jim Duggan defeated Terry Taylor in 6:55 following a running clothesline.
WWF Superstars 3/13/1993
1. Steiner Brothers defeated Beverly Brothers in 10:33 when Scott pinned Blake following the Frankensteiner. During the bout, Money Inc. attempted to screw over the Steiner Brothers but failed after a miscommunication with the Beverly Brothers. The Steiner’s are one step closer to getting a title shot!
2. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene promotes the event and introduces pre-tape comments from WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels. Michaels believes that at Wrestle Mania he will become the first man to defeat Tatanka because Michaels is the greatest wrestler to ever compete in the WWF. Michaels finishes off by saying that Tatanka can pray all he wants, but his dream of becoming the WWF Intercontinental Champion will not become a reality!
3. Doink the Clown defeated Mark Starr in 1:46 following the Whoopee Cushion. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Marty Jannetty are shown. Jannetty doesn’t know what Doink’s issues are with him but he isn’t going to allow some kind of crazy clown ruin his career. Jannetty makes it clear that Doink will play for messing with a rocker!
4. The Undertaker Interview: Vince McMahon conducted the interview with the Undertaker and Paul Bearer. Bearer repeated that Bam-Bam Bigelow has signed his death warrant by stealing his precious urn. As a result, Bigelow will rest in peace at Wrestle Mania IX! Taker chimes in by simply telling Bigelow that at Wrestle Mania he will put on Bigelow’s fire and reclaim the urn. “Bam-Bam Bigelow, at Wrestle Mania IX, you will.. REST IN PEACE!”
5. Owen Hart defeated Repo Man in 4:11 following a missile dropkick.
6. Mr. Perfect defeated Joey Maggs in 2:58 following the Perfect Plex. During the bout, Lex Luger and Bobby Heenan showed up at the aisle way, watching Mr. Perfect’s match.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 3/14/1993
1. Tatanka defeated Jim Powers in 4:07 following a Samoan Drop.
2. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene hypes up the Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair main event for the show. Gene introduces pre-tape comments from Bam-Bam Bigelow. Bigelow has the urn and tells the Undertaker that he isn’t running away from Taker. Bigelow suggests that Taker stop hiding behind Paul Bearer and fight him like a man!
3. Razor Ramon defeated Mike Bucci in 2:05 following the Razors Edge. After the match, Randy Savage ran down to the ring and had a brief brawl with Ramon until security and referees pulled them apart.
4. Lex Luger Interview: Vince McMahon conducted a interview with Lex Luger with Bobby Heenan. McMahon doesn’t understand how they can call Mr. Perfect, a former WWF Intercontinental Champion, a choke artist. Heenan tells McMahon that Perfect has never been a World Champion and he never will be after losing to Ric Flair last month. Heenan points out that Lex Luger has been a World Champion and was a dominating one at that. Luger came to the WWF for the best competition and knows that he can beat everyone in the WWF. Luger chimes in and tells McMahon that there is one goal on his mind and that is to win the WWF World Championship. Luger says that he is going to remain perfect in the WWF by defeating Mr. Perfect and sending him into a early retirement. Luger finishes off the promo by warning the winner of Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair that they will have to soon deal with Lex Luger!
5. Crush defeated Chris Kanyon in 2:44 with the Kona Vice.
6. Ric Flair defeated Louie Spicolli in 2:28 with the figure four leg lock.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.
Leave a Reply