Rebooking The WWF: Week 11, 1993
WWF World Champion Bret Hart and Ric Flair have a confrontation on RAW. Yokozuna battles Big Bossman and Ric Flair squares off against Crush. Plus, much more!
WWF RAW 3/15/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Randy Savage Interview: Sean Mooney interviews Randy Savage, who is waiting for Razor Ramon in the parking lot. Savage tells Mooney that tonight he gets some measure of payback on Ramon. Savage is going to wait in the parking lot until the coward Razor Ramon shows up! OH YEAH!
2. Rick Martel defeated Max Moon in 5:53 with the Boston Crab. During the bout, Owen Hart shared some pre-tape comment where Owen said that he will rearrange the Model’s face!
3. Bret Hart/Ric Flair Confrontation: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with WWF World Champion Bret Hart, but before Hart could say anything Ric Flair came out. Flair grabs the microphone and says that he should be getting the attention and all the interview time. Flair doesn’t care that Bret Hart has the championship because that is only temporary. Flair continues by saying that he will never forget losing the championship to a chump like Bret Hart back in October. Flair can’t live with himself knowing that he lost the most prestigious belt in this sport to a second rate wrestler like Bret Hart! Hart chimes in and tells the “old man” that Flair’s days as being the top guy in the WWF has passed him by. Hart knows that he has the talent to beat Flair, as he has already done so! Hart has nothing to prove to Flair while Flair has everything to prove to him! Flair looks like he is going to explode but simply gets in Hart’s face and tells him “my world championship is coming back to where it belongs… around my waist!” They have a stare down to end the segment.
4. Steiner Brothers defeated the Nasty Boys in 11:35 to earn a tag team title shot at WrestleMania IX when Scott pinned Knobs following a double under hook power bomb. Throughout the contest, Money Inc. attempted to screw over the Steiner Brothers but couldn’t get the job done. IRS ended up accidentally whacking Knobs over the back with a steel briefcase leading to the finish. After the match, the Steiner Brothers cleaned house on the champions and posed with the belts.
5. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene hypes up the event taking place in three weeks. Pre-tape comments from Mr. Perfect were shown in the segment where Perfect assured the fans that he will shut Lex Luger up once and for all at WrestleMania IX!
6. Yokozuna defeated Big Bossman in 6:29 following the Bonsai Drop. After the match, Yoko attempts another Bonsai Drop but Jim Duggan runs down with a 2×4 and smacks Yoko over the back sending Yoko to the floor! Duggan helps Bossman to his feet to end the segment.
7. Randy Savage/Razor Ramon Brawl: Savage is still at the parking lot until Ramon is seen walking over and taunting Savage. Savage runs over and begins to exchange right hands with Ramon, getting the upper hand. Ramon rams Savage head first onto the hood of a car and attempts a Razors Edge onto the car but Savage backdrops Ramon onto the car! Savage rams Ramon face first onto the car several times until security and officers run over to pull Savage off of a bleeding Ramon! Savage is heard screaming at Ramon saying that “this is only the beginning!”
WWF Superstars 3/20/1993
1. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jim Powers in 2:03 following a flying head butt. After the match, the lights go out and smoke fills the aisle way with a gong going off several times. Bigelow bails from the ring with the urn and leaves through the crowd.
2. Jerry Lawler Interview: Sean Mooney conducted an interview with Jerry Lawler regarding WrestleMania. Lawler believes that considering he is royalty, he should have a match at the biggest show in the WWF. Lawler proceeds to issue an open challenge to anyone in the world to wrestle him at the show. Lawler believes that no one will end up showing up! Lawler finishes off by saying that when he defeats whoever accepts his challenge, they will be forced to kiss his royal feet!
3. The Headshrinkers defeated Joey Maggs/Barry Horowitz in 3:45 when Fatu pinned Maggs following a top rope big splash.
4. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene goes over the event which includes some pre-tape comments from Jim Duggan. Duggan says that if no one else is going to stand up for the USA, then Jim Duggan will step up and defeat Yokozuna at WrestleMania. Duggan isn’t going to allow a foreigner who is ungrateful that he can live in the USA. Duggan is going to break a 2×4 over Yokozuna’s back and pin him 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring, tough guy!
5. Tatanka Interview: Sean Mooney conducted a interview with Tatanka regarding his upcoming match with the WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania. Tatanka mentions that he has a undefeated streak going on for over a year. Tatanka doesn’t believe that Michaels is better than him and predicts that at WrestleMania IX, Tatanka will be walking out of WrestleMania as the new WWF Intercontinental Champion!
6. WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Blake Beverly in 6:17 with the Sharpshooter.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 3/21/1993
1. Ric Flair defeated Crush in 7:36 with the figure four leg lock.
2. Wrestle Mania IX Report: Mean Gene runs down the card for the show.
3. Big Bossman defeated Glenn Ruth in 1:04 following a side walk slam.
4. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Chris Kanyon in 2:08 following a super kick.
5. Doink the Clown Interview: Sean Mooney conducted a interview with Doink the Clown. Mooney asks why Doink has turned his attention to Marty Jannetty. Doink enjoys ruining peoples lives and noticed that Jannetty is constantly happy. Doink doesn’t want anyone to be happy. Doink wants tears of sadness, not of joy. Doink is going to be Jannetty’s worst nightmare!
6. The Undertaker defeated PJ Walker in 1:05 following a tombstone pile driver.