Rebooking The WWF: Week 12, 1993
On RAW, Ric Flair and WWF World Champion Bret Hart have a contract signing. Also, Jerry Lawler squares off against Big Bossman. On Superstars, Rick Steiner takes on the mighty Yokozuna. On Wrestling Challenge, Randy Savage meets the voodoo man Papa Shango plus much more this week!
WWF RAW 3/22/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Lex Luger defeated Mark Starr in 0:34 following a running forearm smash.
2. Bret Hart/Ric Flair Contract Signing: Jack Tunney and Vince McMahon were in the ring to conduct the contract signing between Hart and Flair. Flair was cool and clam throughout while Hart didn’t take his eyes off of Flair. McMahon asked for both men to sign the contract, which Hart signed quickly and made sure to sign before Flair. Flair signed as well with a cocky smile. Flair grabbed the microphone and cut a promo declaring that Hart’s title reign began as a fluke and it will be made apparent who the real WWF World Champion truly is at Wrestle Mania IX. Hart responds by claiming that Flair is in denial that time has passed Flair by and that a younger, better wrestler like himself beat him for the WWF World Championship. Hart says that he will not be able to live with himself if by some chance Flair beats him. Hart believes that Flair is everything that is wrong with wrestling and would only hurt the prestige of the WWF World Championship. Flair gets up from his seat and gets in Hart’s face. Flair tries to cheap shot Hart with a right hand but the champ blocks it and eventually clotheslines Flair over the top to the floor. Tunney and McMahon stand in front of Hart to prevent any further brawl. Flair flips out on the floor while Hart poses with the championship to end the segment.
3. Tatanka defeated Skinner in 3:17 following a Samoan Drop. During the bout, WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels called in and said that while Tatanka’s undefeated streak is impressive, he has never fought a man like Shawn Michaels. Michaels is going to end Tatanka’s streak and continue to be the greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion of all time!
4. Rick Martel defeated Barry Horowitz in 3:52 with the Boston Crab. After the bout, Martel kept the hold on for several moments until Owen Hart came out and knocked Martel to the floor following a missile dropkick to Martel’s back.
5. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene went over the card for WrestleMania IX. Pre-tape comments from Razor Ramon were shown. Ramon was a bandage on his head since last weeks attack from Savage in the parking lot. Ramon keeps it short by saying that Savage will be sent to the retirement home after WrestleMania!
6. Marty Jannetty defeated Repo Man in 5:36 following the Rocker Dropper. During the bout, Doink the Clown was messing around with several fans and distracted Jannetty. Jannetty eventually chased Doink to the backstage area after the match.
7. Jerry Lawler defeated Big Bossman in 8:12 following a piledriver.
WWF Superstars 3/27/1993
1. Doink the Clown defeated John Paul in 2:45 following the Whoopee Cushion.
2. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene goes over the card for the show before we get pre-taped comments from the Steiner Brothers and Money Inc.. Scott warns Money Inc. that they have beaten all the top tag teams and overcame adversity to get their shot and they are not going to blow it! Ted DiBiase and IRS say that the Steiner Brothers may be strong and fast but they are just as equally unintelligent. DiBiase assures the Steiner’s that they have an ace up their sleeve to assure themselves victory at WrestleMania IX!
3. Razor Ramon defeated Steve King in 1:41 following the Razors Edge.
4. Jerry Lawler Interview: Vince McMahon conducted a interview with Jerry Lawler regarding his open challenge for WrestleMania IX. Lawler notes that no one has signed the contract as of today and is convinced that no one will end up accepting it and he will be 1-0 at the biggest show ever in wrestling, WrestleMania. Lawler calls everyone in the WWF cowards for refusing to step up and fight a king!
5. The Undertaker defeated Duane Gill in 0:56 following the tombstone pile driver.
6. Yokozuna defeated Rick Steiner in 5:21 following the Bonsai Drop. During the bout, Money Inc. came down to distract Rick Steiner by attacking Scott Steiner. The distraction allowed Yokozuna to hit a belly to belly suplex and eventually the Bonsai Drop. Afterwards, Jim Duggan ran down and helped Scott Steiner fight off the heels with his 2×4.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 3/28/1993
1. Owen Hart defeated Mike Bucci in 2:00 following a missile dropkick.
2. WrestleMania IX Report: Mean Gene runs down the card before pre-taped comments by Paul Bearer and the Undertaker. Bearer says that Bigelow made the ultimate mistake a person can make by stealing his precious urn. Bearer knows that his man, the Undertaker, will put Bigelow’s fire out at WrestleMania IX. Taker simply states that Bigelow will Rest In Peace!
3. WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. defeated Mike Bell/Reno Riggins in 1:35 when DiBiase pinned Bell.
4. Mr. Perfect Interview: Sean Mooney conducted a sit down interview with Mr. Perfect at a empty arena. Perfect says he thought that 1993 was going to be the year he won the WWF World Championship and everything was looking great until he made a mistake and lost to Ric Flair. Perfect knows that deep down inside that Flair isn’t better than him and Flair proved that by cheating at SNME. Mooney brings up Lex Luger and Bobby Heenan who claim Perfect is choke artist. Perfect laughs at that statement and asks what Luger has done in the WWF. Perfect goes over the fact that he is a former multiple time WWF Intercontinental Champion and if it weren’t for shady referring, he would be in the main event at WrestleMania IX. Perfect assures Mooney and the fans that he will defeat Luger and get back on the right track to winning the WWF World Championship!
5. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Tom Stone in 2:11 following a flying head butt.
6. Randy Savage defeated Papa Shango in 4:03 following the elbow drop. .