On RAW, Vince McMahon pisses Bam-Bam Bigelow off. Terry Taylor looks to get his career back on track when he wrestles Crush in a King of the Ring Tournament. On Superstars, Ric Flair competes in singles action against Marty Jannetty. On Wrestling Challenge, a new tag team debuts!
WWF RAW 5/17/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Owen Hart defeated Barry Horowitz in 4:25 following a missile dropkick.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the number one contender, Bam-Bam Bigelow. Bigelow brags about defeating WWF World Champion two days ago right in the middle of the ring. Bigelow demands that the fans, and McMahon give him the proper credit. Bigelow has shown the world that he is good enough to be the WWF World Champion and he will walk out of the King of the Ring as the World Champion. McMahon brings Bigelow back to reality by saying that Bret Hart is a fighting champion and he is sure that Hart will overcome the odds like he always does. Bigelow does not appreciate this and backs McMahon into a corner demanding respect! Several officials run down to pull Bigelow away from McMahon!
3. The Beverly Brothers defeated PJ Walker/Koko B. Ware in 3:08 when Beau pinned Walker.
4. Smoking Gunns Vignette: Two tough cowboys are coming to the WWF soon!
5. Mr. Perfect Interview: Jim Ross conducted a interview with Mr. Perfect, backstage. Perfect remains adamant that he wants Ric Flair in the ring so he can prove that he is better than Flair once and for all. Perfect knows deep down inside that he is and he knows exactly how to get Flair in the ring once and for all.
6. Lex Luger defeated Virgil in 1:47 following a running forearm smash.
7. Crush defeated Terry Taylor in 6:28 to advance in the King of the Ring Tournament with the Kona Vice submission. During the bout, Jim Cornette cut a promo on behalf of Yokozuna saying that Crush’s win two days ago was a complete fluke and would have never happened if Crush didn’t cheat!
WWF Superstars 5/22/1993
1. WWF Intercontinental Champion Tatanka defeated Duane Gill in 2:36 following a Samoan Drop. During the bout, Shawn Michaels cut a promo saying that at the King of the Ring he is going to get his belt back.
2. Bret Hart Interview: Jim Ross conducted a interview with WWF World Champion Bret Hart. Hart gives Bigelow credit for pinning him at SNME. Hart realizes that he made a mistake and he is lucky to have the opportunity to learn from that mistake before he wrestles Bigelow for the championship. Hart warns Bigelow that he better not get over confident. Hart isn’t going to just hand over the belt to Bigelow at the KOTR. Hart finishes off by saying that Bigelow is going to have to paralyze him before he is able to pin Hart for three seconds, ever again.
3. Big Bossman defeated Mike Bell in 1:56 following a side walk slam.
4. Jeff Jarrett Interview: Mean Gene conducted a interview with Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett gloats about having a undefeated record, which Gene mentions is only 1-0. Jarrett ignores Gene’s comment by saying that he wants a title shot. Gene chimes in again believing that is a ridiculous demand. Jarrett doesn’t care what Gene believes. Jarrett figures that he is going to be WWF World Champion sooner rather than later anyway. Jarrett tells Gene and the fans that they will need to deal with that fact.
5. Jerry Lawler defeated Max Moon in 3:45 following a pile driver.
6. Marty Jannetty defeated Ric Flair by count-out in 6:02 when Mr. Perfect attacked Flair on the floor and they brawled to the backstage area.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 5/23/1993
1. Rick Martel defeated George South in 1:24 with the Boston Crab.
2. The Mountie Interview: Jim Ross conducted a interview with the Mountie. Mountie is not interested in talking about his match with Tatanka at SNME, but instead his brother. Mountie ends up introducing his brother and best friend, Pierre. Pierre is the same man who tried to help Mountie at SNME but was unsuccessful. Pierre refers to his brother as “Jacques”, and says that they are the Quebecers. They are people who enforce the law and will be doing so in the tag division for years to come!
3. Razor Ramon defeated Steve Anderson in 2:35 following the Razors Edge. During the bout, Randy Savage came down to ringside but was held back by referees and other enhancement talent.
4. Steiner Brothers defeated Barry Hardy/Steve King in 1:33 when Scott pinned King.
5. Nasty Boys Interview: Mean Gene tried to conduct a interview with the Nasty Boys but before they could say anything, they were attacked by the Headshrinkers. A highlight of the attack saw Fatu leap off the podium to splash onto Saggs. The Headshrinkers taunted the fans while Afa screamed into the microphone and the Nasty Boys were left on the floor hurting.
6. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Mark Starr in 1:43 following a diving head butt.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.