Rebooking The WWF: Week 23, 1993
On RAW, Randy Savage takes on his most recent rival, Razor Ramon in a huge main event! On Superstars, two of the toughest tag teams in the WWF square off in a Texas Tornado tag team match when the Nasty Boys meet the Headshrinkers! Lastly, the huge Earthquake looks to rearrange Lex Luger’s perfect face on Wrestling Challenge. All this and much more!
WWF RAW 6/7/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Rick Martel defeated Chris Kanyon in 3:10 with the Boston Crab.
2. King of the Ring Report: Mean Gene promotes the WWF World Championship, Tag Team Championship and the King of the Ring Tournament matches. The King of the Ring is live on pay per view this Sunday!
3. Smoking Gunns Vignette: Billy and Bart make their WWF debut next week on RAW!
4. Steiner Brothers defeated Craig Williams/Mark Starr in 2:34 when Scott pinned Williams. During the bout, Money Inc. mocked Scott Steiner’s broken nose and said that once again brains will overcome strength. Just like they did at WrestleMania IX.
5. Bret Hart Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the WWF World Champion Bret Hart, who will be defending the championship in six days against Bam-Bam Bigelow. Hart has his ribs taped up due to a recent attack by Bigelow. McMahon brings that up but Hart tells McMahon that this is wrestling and not ballet. He is going to fight through the pain to get the ultimate pleasure to being the WWF World Champion. Hart proclaims that Bigelow will once and for all know why he is the best there is, the there was and the best there ever will be!
6. Jim Neidhart defeated Duane Gill in 2:53 with a power slam
7. Razor Ramon defeated Randy Savage in 13:06 following the Razors Edge. After the match, Ramon stood over Savage signaling that he will be the King of the Ring in six days.
WWF Superstars 6/12/1993
1. Crush defeated Jason Donald in 2:36 with the Kona Vice.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Bam-Bam Bigelow regarding his WWF World Championship match tomorrow night at the King of the Ring pay per view. Bigelow brags about Bret Hart being injured and makes the claim that Hart is a weak champion as a result. Bigelow has the advantage with Hart suffering the injury and predicts that he will take advantage of the injured ribs and win the WWF World Championship. Bigelow finishes off saying that 1993 will continue to be his year after killing off the Undertaker and soon becoming the WWF World Champion!
3. Ric Flair defeated Max Moon in 4:17 with the figure four leg lock.
4. Tatanka Interview: WWF Intercontinental Champion Tatanka shared some pre-tape comments regarding his title match against Shawn Michaels at the King of the Ring tomorrow night. Tatanka says that with the support of his tribe, and the WWF fans, he will be able to overcome anything Michaels tries to put in his way of retaining the WWF Intercontinental Championship!
5. Kamala defeated Barry Hardy in 2:55 following a big splash.
6. The Headshrinkers defeated the Nasty Boys in 8:25 in a Texas Tornado match when Fatu pinned Saggs following a trash can assisted big splash off the top rope.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 6/13/1993
1. Jeff Jarrett defeated PJ Walker in 3:03 following a jumping double arm DDT.
2. Yokozuna Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Yokozuna, Jim Cornette and Mr. Fuji. Cornette took control of the interview saying that they are awaiting for the coward Crush to sign the contract. Cornette notes that the contract is for the match to take place at the big summer event, SummerSlam. Cornette wants the Japanese flag to be waved with pride for millions of fans to see on pay per view. Yokozuna finishes off by saying…Bonsai!
3. Marty Jannetty defeated Louie Spicolli in 3:46 following the Rocker Dropper.
4. Mr. Perfect Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Mr. Perfect. Perfect is a jolly mood because Ric Flair has apparently not been paying attention to the KOTR bracket. Perfect goes over how Flair has refused to compete against him, but that may come to an end this Sunday. Ross asks what Perfect is talking about. Perfect reveals that if he and Flair win their first round matches, they would wrestle each other at King of the Ring! Perfect hopes that Flair wins so that he can accomplish two things at the pay per view, beat Ric Flair and become the number one contender for the WWF World Championship!
5. Owen Hart defeated Reno Riggins in 3:19 following a missile dropkick.
6. Lex Luger defeated Earthquake in 5:07 following a running forearm smash.