NEW WWF World Champion Lex Luger is the guest on the King’s Court on RAW. Plus, a battle royal to determine the number one contender for the WWF Intercontinental Championship takes place. All that and more!
WWF RAW 9/13/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Earthquake defeated Koko B. Ware in 2:14 following a sit down splash. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Earthquake were shared as he says that he is a pissed off monster and a unbeatable force to be messed with here in the WWF now that he got rid of his dead weight keeping him down!
2. Kings Court w/ Lex Luger: Jerry Lawler introduces the new WWF World Champion, Lex Luger. Luger comes down to the ring with three women holding mirrors in front of him as he constantly has to see the championship around his waist. After Luger enters the ring and shows off the championship on his ripped body, Lawler begins the interview. Lawler puts Luger over the greatest champion in WWF already and says that Luger is truly the best. Luger thanks Lawler for speaking facts and says that he kept to his word that he would be the WWF World Champion. Luger tells Lawler that winning the WWF World Championship has been a lifelong dream and this dream will never come to an end because he is superior to everyone else in the World Wrestling Federation. Lawler lists off some names that have made it clear that they want a title shot, such as former champion Bret Hart, Ron Simmons, and the Undertaker. Luger tells us that anyone who wants a title shot can sign their name on the dotted line. He isn’t going to run away from anyone because he knows he will walk out the victor. As Luger goes to continue to speak, WWF President comes down to the ring to little fan fair and tells Luger that next week on RAW, he and other WWF officials will make a judgment on who will be the man to challenge Lex Luger for the WWF World Championship. Luger isn’t worried at all at the announcement as the fans are chanting for either Bret or Perfect to get the title shot.
3. The Smoking Gunns defeated Carl Williams/Steven Johnson in 2:45 when Bart pinned Williams.
4. Crush defeated Blake Beverly in 4:03 with the Kona Vice.
5. The Canadian Crippler Hype Video: A video promoting the Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit is aired. The focus of the video is on the strength of his hands. During the video, Benoit is training in the ring against students who he takes out in record time. Benoit locks in a submission hold that is dubbed by the “Crossface.” The narrator says “soon to be making WWF superstars tap out, the Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit.”
6. Doink the Clown defeated Mike Bell in 2:45 following the Whoopee Cushion. During the bout, the announcers hype up next weeks RAW featured match that will see Doink take on Bret Hart.
7. Razor Ramon won a 10 man battle royal to earn a WWF Intercontinental Championship match on 10/23 by eliminating Rick Martel in 14:25. The other eight men involved were, Jeff Jarrett, Jim Neidhart, IRS, Marty Jannetty, the Kamikaze Kid, Owen Hart and Ted DiBiase. During the bout, Shawn Michaels called the match on commentary and after Ramon won he had a stare down with Ramon to close out the show.
WWF Superstars 9/18/1993
1. Jerry Lawler defeated Mark King in 2:27 following a pile driver.
2. Mr. Perfect Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Mr. Perfect who got a warm reception from the crowd. Ross gives Perfect props for beating the man that impacted his life a great deal for nearly a year, Ric Flair. Perfect tells Ross that he would’ve gone insane if he was unable to beat Flair. He was close on several occasions to beating “the man” but at SummerSlam he delivered and won the biggest match of his career, at least up to that point. Perfect transitions into talking about Lex Luger, who he lost to at WrestleMania. Perfect says this has been a year of redemption and is looking to get revenge on Luger and there is no better revenge then by winning the WWF World Championship. He believes with the win over Ric Flair a few weeks ago, he has to be considered a favorite to get a shot. “If I get the title shot, Lex Luger, it is an opportunity I will not let slip through my fingers!”
3. The Headshrinkers defeated Casey Cleric/Brian Boyer in 2:44 when Fatu pinned Cleric.
4. Jim Cornette/Yokozuna/Ludvig Borga Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Cornette and his monsters Yokozuna and Ludvig Borga. Cornette tells us that a contract has been made up for a tag team match on October 23rd at Saturday Nights Main Event. He wants Simmons and Crush to step up to the plate and try to beat both of his men. Cornette hypes up his men as the guys that will crush, pun intended, the hopes and dreams of Simmons and Crush!
5. The Undertaker defeated Davey Starr in 1:39 following a tombstone pile driver.
6. Tatanka Interview: Jim Ross tries to interview Tatanka, but he is cut off by Jerry Lawler who returned to ringside. Lawler tells Tatanka that he shouldn’t get any air time because he has been constantly losing matches. Lawler insults him by calling him a loser and a disgrace to his heritage. Tatanka ends up having enough and chops Lawler when he brings up how Chief Jay Strongbow should take away his headdress and give it to someone else. Tatanka tries to get his hands on Lawler, who crawls away, but is held back by security.
7. Jeff Jarrett defeated Marty Jannetty in 7:34 following a jumping double arm DDT.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 9/19/1993
1. The Kamikaze Kid defeated Larry Ludden in 2:57 following a top rope moonsault.
2. Jim Neidhart Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Jim Neidhart, who quickly tells us that he accepts the hair vs. hair match against Jeff Jarrett for Saturday Nights Main Event on October 23rd. Neidhart says that he is going to shave off Jarrett’s precious gold locks and get the last laugh!
3. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated Alan Warren/Al Burke in 3:53 when Scott pinned Warren. During the bout, the Quebecers cut a promo promoting a non-title match they have against the Steiner Brothers next week on WWF Superstars. Jacques says that once they beat the Steiner’s next week, they will finally get a tag team title shot and take the titles off the “dumb Michigan boys.”
4. Randy Savage defeated Jim Gorman in 2:18 following a top rope elbow drop
5. Rick Martel/Razor Ramon Brawl: Rick Martel made his way down to the ring for a interview with Vince McMahon, but just as he did to Ramon last week on Superstars, Ramon attacks Martel from behind and ended up hitting the Razors Edge on the aisle way! Ramon played to the crowd while officials checked on Martel!
6. Ted DiBiase defeated Billy Gunn in 5:07 with the Million Dollar Dream.