The rebooking of the WWF continues with week forty-one. On RAW, Jerry Lawler and Tatanka square off in a grudge match. Ted DiBiase has an interesting interview. On Superstars, Diesel and Razor Ramon compete in a singles match. Wrestling Challenge is highlighted by Ludvig Borga and Crush in a singles match.
WWF RAW 10/11/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Earthquake defeated Scott Taylor in 2:46 following a sit down splash.
2. Ted DiBiase Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with the Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase. McMahon asks DiBiase what he has in store since Money Inc. with IRS is officially on hiatus. Ted says that he has wanted one last singles run and knows how to make a splash in this company. He talks about being the WWF World Champion by paying off the late Andre the Giant and notes that he is the first and only wrestler to create his own championship. DiBiase tells McMahon that he is looking at one particular wrestler as a way to get his name back on the main event scene. He says that at Saturday Night’s Main Event on October 23rd, his plan will be revealed and he is sure that it will be a bombshell for both the fans and for the wrestler he has targeted!
3. Owen Hart defeated PJ Walker in 3:51 following a missile dropkick.
4. Ron Simmons/Crush Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Simmons and Crush. Simmons says that their match against Yokozuna and Ludvig Borga will be the final encounter no matter what and says that he will be sure to take care of business. Crush chimes in and corrects Simmons by saying “we” which Simmons tells Crush he meant to say. Crush tells Ross that Yoko and Borga will fall to America because in the end America always wins!
5. The Heavenly Bodies defeated Duane Gill/Barry Hardy in 3:03 when Del Ray pinned Hardy following a top rope leg drop to win their debut match. After the match, Jim Cornette celebrated with the Heavenly Bodies.
6. Mr. Perfect Hype Video: A video promoting the number one contender, Mr. Perfect. It’s the same video that highlights his feud with Ric Flair and stills from SummerSlam are aired. Can Perfect continue his path of redemption by defeating the WWF World Champion Lex Luger?
7. Tatanka defeated Jerry Lawler in 8:04 following a top rope overhand chop. After the match, Tatanka celebrated his win with Chief Jay Strongbow until Lawler knee lifted Tatanka to the floor. Lawler ended up pile driving Strongbow and bailed to the floor as Tatanka rolled back in!
WWF Superstars 10/16/1993
1. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jack Jackson in 2:04 following a diving head butt. After the match, Randy Savage ran down to the ring with a steel chair and whacked Bigelow over the back sending Bigelow to the floor. Savage looked to leap off the top rope as officials ran down to stop him. However, Savage jumped off any way and send Bigelow throat first into the guard railing! Savage is pulled off of Bigelow by several officials and enhancement talent.
2. Lex Luger Hype Video: A video promoting the WWF World Champion Lex Luger is aired. The video focuses on Luger proving to the fans that he would achieve everything he stated, which includes defeating Perfect at WrestleMania, winning the King of the Ring and defeating Bret Hart to win the WWF World Championship. Will Luger continue to aggravate fans by backing up his words?
3. Bret Hart defeated Mike Sharpe in 2:45 with the Sharpshooter. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Hart where he mentioned that he will continue to fight to help his family despite not being the WWF World Champion. He will not let them down and assures the fans that he will win the WWF World Championship once again.
4. Steiner Brothers Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions. Ross asks their opinions on having two tag teams now gunning for their championships in the Quebecers and the Heavenly Bodies. Scott tells Ross that it isn’t a surprise whatsoever because when you are a champion, everyone wants to be the team who takes the titles. They have worked too hard to allow some punk team whether it be the Quebecers or the newly debuted Heavenly Bodies to win the tag titles. Rick Steiner chimes in and says that they are always ready for a fight and what any challengers to bring it on!
5. Jeff Jarrett defeated Steven Cardinal in 2:14 following a jumping DDT. After the match, Jarrett once against trimmed his opponents hair as he looks to do the same to Neidhart at SNME on October 23rd.
6. The Canadian Crippler Hype Video: A video promoting the debut of the Canadian Crippler, Chris Benoit is aired. Footage of Benoit dominating various wrestlers in NJPW is shown and Benoit talks over the video saying that he is the best wrestler to come out of the Hart Family dungeon and believes that he is better than any Hart family member and will prove it when he gets the chance. The video ends with it being noted that Benoit makes his debut in the WWF in two weeks time!
7. Razor Ramon defeated Diesel by disqualification in 7:46 when Michaels entered the ring and super kicked Ramon. After the match, Diesel power bombed Ramon and Michaels stood over Ramon yet again!
WWF Wrestling Challenge 10/17/1993
1. Marty Jannetty defeated Bill Russo in 2:35 following the Rocker Dropper.
2. Shawn Michaels Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with WWF Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels. McMahon hypes up Michaels match against Razor Ramon on October 23rd at SNME. Michaels tells McMahon that he doesn’t know where Ramon’s sudden attitude change has come from but he isn’t worried because that doesn’t mean that Ramon has all of sudden gained talent. Michaels puts himself over as the greatest athlete in the WWF and in the world for that matter. Michaels says that at SNME he will walk in and champion and walk out with the championship over his shoulder and their isn’t a doubt in his mind about it!
3. The Quebecers defeated Virgil/Russ Greenberg in 3:08 when Pierre pinned Virgil following a senton splash off the top. During the bout, pre-tape comments by the Quebecers and Johnny Polo is aired. Polo announces that two weeks from now on Raw, October 25th, they will be cashing in on there title shot to compete against the Steiner Brothers!
4. The Undertaker/Paul Bearer Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Paul Bearer and the Undertaker. Ross asks about Bam-Bam Bigelow saying that he will meet the Undertaker once again and how WWF officials deem it far too dangerous to put them in another match. Bearer says that when it is deemed apporiarte the Undertaker will surely decimate Bam-Bam Bigelow just as he did at SummerSlam. Ross turns the interview about Earthquake who has claimed that the Undertaker wouldn’t be able to lift him up for a choke slam or a tombstone thus making him unbeatable. Bearer says that while Earthquake is a monstrous man, the Undertaker manages to always fine the strength to defeat his opponents and that will not be an issue for Earthquake. To finish off the interview, the Undertaker makes it clear that Earthquake will Rest In Peace!
5. Randy Savage defeated David Richards in 3:44 following a top rope elbow drop.
6. Ludvig Borga defeated Crush in 7:18 following a shoulder breaker. During the bout, Ron Simmons prevented Mr. Fuji from using the salt bucket but the distraction allowed Yokozuna to hit Crush over the back with the Japanese flag which allowed Borga to deliver the shoulder breaker. After the match, Simmons knocked Borga over the top to the floor while Yokozuna remained on the floor. Simmons checked on a frustrated Crush to close out the show.