WWF Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon defends against Rick Martel. Ted DiBiase is beginning to torture the entire Hart family. A new superstar is making his way to the WWF. Plus much more!
WWF RAW 12/5/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Chris Benoit defeated Tom Howard in 2:26 with the Crossface. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Ludvig Borga and Jim Cornette were aired. Cornette talked about Borga being the toughest man to step foot in the ring and believes that Benoit needs to be brought to reality that he stinks just as much as the rest of the Hart Family!
2. Kings Court w/the Undertaker & Paul Bearer: Jerry Lawler opened up the segment continuing to mock Tatanka, stating that he is more than happy to beat Tatanka once again in the middle of the ring. Lawler finishes off insulting Tatanka saying that when he gets done with him, Tatanka’s tribe will turn their backs on him. Lawler proceeds to introduce the “resident dead man” the Undertaker and Paul Bearer. As the Undertaker and Bearer make their way down to the ring, Lawler is rather standoffish, clearly intimidated by his guest. Lawler talks to Bearer about defeating Earthquake at Survivor Series. However, he also reminds everyone that Bam-Bam Bigelow stated several weeks ago that isn’t done with the Undertaker and sees their war tied up at one to one. Bearer tells Bigelow that WWF officials have deemed their matches too dangerous to be sanctioned, and thus they can not have a WWF approved matches. However, Bearer says that he and the Undertaker will fight Bigelow whenever he wishes because “throwing a fireball at the Undertaker at WrestleMania IX is not forgotten and never will be forgiven.” Lawler turns the conversation to the WWF World Championship, which Bearer mentioned last week. Bearer tells Lawler that the Undertaker had a brief taste of the WWF World Championship a couple years ago, and he has been looking to reclaim the championship. Bearer finishes off the segment telling Lawler that the Undertaker will not rest until the WWF World Championship is brought back to the dark side!
3. Yokozuna defeated Brian Costello in 1:15 following the Bonsai Drop.
4. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated Vince Chandler/Dan Dubiel in 2:57 when Rick pinned Chandler following a top rope bulldog.
5. Ted DiBiase Video: Ted DiBiase welcomes the cameras to his home, previously known as the Hart Family. DiBiase starts off by saying that he no longer wants the house to be called the Hart Family. “No, it needs a name that is more fitting. Since I am a millionaire, I want my house to be called the Million Dollar Mansion.” DiBiase continues as he walks around the house reminding Bret of his surprise. “Your sister, Diana Hart, returned to home and since I don’t believe in treating people above others, she has been put to work just like everyone else.” DiBiase enters the living the room where Diana is wearing a maids outfit and is cleaning the room. DiBiase states that Diana is his personal maid and does everything he demands of her. Diana is clearly miserable as DiBiase sits down and has her put on his socks and shoes. The segment comes to an end with DiBiase laughing on the couch while Diane remains kneeled next to DiBiase with a dejected look on her face.
6. Randy Savage Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Randy Savage who is quite happy considering he has re-established himself a respectable competitor in the WWF after pinning Bam-Bam Bigelow at the Survivor Series. Ross notes that Bigelow has issued a challenge to Savage for a fight instead of a wrestling match. Savage tells Bigelow to name the time or place and they will settle their issues once and for all! OH YEAH!
7. Rick Martel defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon in 12:23 to win the title following a distraction by a “female fan” allowing Martel to roll Ramon up and use the tights for extra leverage. After the match, Martel grabbed the female fan from security and left the backstage area. The announcers wonder what the connection is between Martel and the mystery female fan is.
WWF Superstars 12/10/1993
1. Ludvig Borga defeated Barry Horowitz in 2:44 following a shoulder breaker.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow Comments: Pre-tape comments from Bam-Bam Bigelow were aired. Bigelow says that when he fights Savage that it will be the end of an era. Bigelow mentions that he has a lot of built up frustration and his frustrations will be let out on the Macho Man. Bigelow mocks Savage’s “oh yeah” catchphrase to end the segment.
3. Marty Jannetty/the Kamikaze Kid defeated Ryan Jenson/Timmy Parker in 2:35 when Kid pinned Parker following a moonsault.
4. Doink the Clown defeated Mike Weston in 2:08 following the Whoopee Cushion.
5. Bret Hart Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Bret Hart. McMahon talks about DiBiase renaming the Hart House to the Million Dollar Mansion and has now made Diana Hart his personal maid. Bret tells McMahon that ever since losing the WWF World Championship his life has done a complete one hundred and eighty degrees downward. Bret says he will reclaim the house and will give DiBiase whatever he wants to make that happen. McMahon brings up Shawn Michaels claiming to be the best in wrestling since he survived the Survivor Series match. Hart actually comments this time around telling Michaels that he isn’t the best until he beats the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be. Until you do that, you are nothing more than a wannabe.
6. Mr. Perfect defeated Quebecer Jacques in 8:42 following the Perfect Plex. During the bout, WWF World Champion Lex Luger called in to promote his match with Mr. Perfect saying that their will not be the “perfect ending” to this story and says that Perfect will be known as the guy who just wasn’t good enough to be the WWF World Champion.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 12/11/1993
1. The Headshrinkers defeated Jeremy Lopez/Carl Anderson in 2:18 when Fatu pinned Anderson following a top rope big splash.
2. Ron Simmons Video: A video promoting Ron Simmons is aired. During the video, Simmons is shown working out, hitting a punching bag and doing various football drills. At the end of the video, Simmons grabs something off the punching bag, which happens to be a paper with Crush’s face on it. Simmons rips the paper to shreds before walking off.
3. Owen Hart defeated Karl Auber in 2:13 following a missile dropkick.
4. Jeff Jarrett defeated Eric Martinez in 2:39 following a jumping double arm DDT.
5. Shawn Michaels Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Shawn Michaels. McMahon talks to Michaels about his statements regarding Bret Hart. Michaels says that while the money he got from DiBiase was great, the feeling of beating Bret Hart at Survivor Series surpassed that. McMahon chimes in to remind Michaels that he never actually pinned Hart, but Michaels shrugs it off saying that he might as well have. Michaels says ever since he trimmed the deadweight (in reference to Jannetty) he has wanted to be recognized as the best wrestler ever to compete. But, McMahon, Bret Hart and yourself have brainwashed the WWF fans into thinking that Bret Hart is the best. Michaels acknowledges his losses against Bret Hart but says he has gotten the tweaks worked out in order to defeat Bret Hart. Michaels also wants to beat Bret Hart live on pay per view stating “I want the WWF fans to purchase the event where Shawn Michaels pins Bret Hart for a three count.” Michaels officially challenges Bret Hart to a match at the Royal Rumble to end the segment.
6. Men on a Mission defeated the Beverly Brothers in 7:03 when Mable pinned Blake following a big splash. After the match, Jeff Jarrett’s music cut off Men on a Mission’s theme music. Mabel and Mo look on in confusion until Jarrett arrives with a guitar. Jarrett laughs while Men on a Mission cover their ears as country music blares throughout the arena!
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.