Rebooking The WWF: Week 50, 1993
The issue between Bret Hart and Ted DiBiase continues. Huge six man tag match for the RAW main event. WWF World Champion Lex Luger competes on WWF Superstars. On Wrestling Challenge, Ted DiBiase battles the Kamikaze Kid.
WWF RAW 12/12/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Bret Hart defeated Ed Flowers in 2:58 with the Sharpshooter. After the match, Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Bret Hart. McMahon asked about the holiday season and if Bret would be able to spend it with his family. Bret notes that he hasn’t had any time off from the WWF to go home to the Hart House, but says that he will have Christmas with them no matter what.
2. Kings Court w/Jack Tunney: Jerry Lawler introduces WWF President Jack Tunney for an interview. Lawler brings up how the World Wrestling Federation is headed into the new year, without Tatanka because he is laid up with Chief Jay Strongbow in the hospital! Tunney cuts Lawler off saying “that is exactly why I am out here, Lawler.” Tunney wants the final two weeks of 1993 to be an explosive end to an incredible year and he has a great way of doing that for the WWF fans. Tunney tells Lawler that he has a surprise for him in a few moments, but first, he announces that the Randy Savage and Bam-Bam Bigelow issues will be resolved next week on RAW under street fight rules. Tunney goes over what a street fight means, stating that there will not be any rules for the contest and that “viewer discretion is strongly suggested for such a bout.” Lawler insults Savage assuming that Savage’s career will come to an end since Bigelow has been fuming after Survivor Series and says “I don’t Savage will be missed by anyone!” Tunney lets Lawler laugh briefly before telling Lawler that he isn’t going to have anything to laugh about. Because, Tatanka has been cleared to return to the ring in two weeks! So, Tunney tells Lawler that on December 27th, Jerry Lawler will compete against Tatanka! “Have a Merry Christmas, King.” Lawler tries to convince Tunney to change his mind but Tunney leaves the ring while the fans chant for Tatanka!
3. The Quebecers defeated Jason Hudson/Jared Kendrick in 3:46 when Jacques pinned Kendrick following a pile driver.
4. Crush defeated Harold Thomas in 2:06 with the Kona Vice. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Crush were aired. Crush said that Ron Simmons and the fans turned their backs on him well before he turned on Simmons. Crush says once again that the fans will regret turning their back on him when he takes Simmons out and they no longer have a hero to cheer for.
5. Royal Rumble Report: Todd Petengill hypes up the 1994 Royal Rumble pay per view event. Schedule to take place thus far is the following. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers defend against the Heavenly Bodies. WWF World Champion Lex Luger defends against Mr. Perfect in a no disqualification match. Pettengill believes that Mr. Perfect will defeat Lex Luger and win the WWF World Champion. Pettengill also mentions the thirty man Royal Rumble match and reveals the first five participants for the match. The first five to compete are, IRS, Jim Neidhart, Chris Benoit, Yokozuna and the Undertaker. Pre-tape comments from Jim Cornette and Yokozuna are aired where Cornette says that on January 23rd, Yokozuna will eliminate all the competition and win the WWF World Championship at WrestleMania! “No one can toss Yokozuna over the top rope. You are looking at the next WWF World Champion!” Pettengill finishes off the segment reminding everyone to call their cable provider to order the event and to not miss the action!
6. The Undertaker defeated Glenn Ruth in 2:08 following the tombstone pile driver.
7. Razor Ramon/WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel/the Heavenly Bodies by DQ when Martel’s valet, Tamara, low blowed Ramon as he had Martel set up for the Razors Edge. During the bout, pre-tape comments by Rick Martel were aired where he introduced his valet, Tamara. Martel stated that she is best looking female in all the world and it’s only fitting that she associates herself with the Model.
Next week on RAW: Bam-Bam Bigelow squares off against Randy Savage in what should be a wild, violent and crazy street! Be sure to tune into Monday Night RAW next week to catch the action!
WWF Superstars 12/17/1993
1. Marty Jannetty defeated Jim O’Neal in 2:55 following the Rocker Dropper. During the bout, Johnny Polo and the Quebecers shared some pre-tape comments. Polo laughed at the thought of Jannetty and the Kamikaze Kid being treated as a threat in the tag team. Polo states that both men are one hundred and fifty pounds soaking wet and that wrestling is for men and not little boys. Polo suggests that the Quebecers get back on the winning track against Jannetty and Kid once Kid gets out of daycare!
2. Royal Rumble Report: Schedule to take place thus far is the following. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers defend against the Heavenly Bodies. WWF World Champion Lex Luger defends against Mr. Perfect in a no disqualification match. Pettengill believes that Mr. Perfect will defeat Lex Luger and win the WWF World Champion. Pettengill also mentions the thirty man Royal Rumble match and reveals another five men to take part in the thirty man Royal Rumble match. They are Owen Hart, Jeff Jarrett, Mabel, Mo and Diesel. Pre-tape comments from Diesel are aired where he says that there isn’t any WWF superstar who can stop Big Daddy Cool from plowing over the competition and winning the WWF World Championship at WrestleMania X!
3. Ludvig Borga defeated Justin Manning in 2:07 following a shoulder breaker.
4. Men On A Mission defeated Barry Horowitz/Mike Sharpe in 2:30 when Mable pinned Sharpe following a big splash. After the match, Jeff Jarrett leaves the commentary table and attacks Mo by hitting a DDT! Mabel ends up stalking Jarrett up the aisle way until a muscular man appears from the backstage area to protect Jarrett. Jarrett stands behind the mysterious strong man while taunting Mabel and the fans!
5. Hart Family Video: The video starts off showing family pictures and has some nice music until one of the pictures is torn and money signs fall from the top of the screen. DiBiase’s music hits as we see brief clips of what the Hart Family has been forced to deal with. The purchase of the home, Helen Hart being forced to feed DiBiase and now Diana Hart being treated as DiBiase’s personal maid. All of this, just so they have a place to live! The video ends with DiBiase catchphrase “I’m the Million Dollar Man, and I always get my way!”
6. WWF World Champion Lex Luger defeated Bart Gunn in 6:04 with the Torture Rack. During the bout, Mr. Perfect called in to say that Lex Luger better hold onto the championship tight because at the Royal Rumble, Mr. Perfect is walking out with the gold. Perfect also hypes up his match with Doink the Clown next week on Wrestling Challenge saying “Doink will not be laughing at my expense.”
Next week on Superstars: The number one contender Mr. Perfect will be in action against Doink the Clown. Will Doink the Clown get a laugh at Mr. Perfect’s expense, or will Mr. Perfect continue his momentum leading into his championship match against Lex Luger? Tune into Superstars next Saturday!
WWF Wrestling Challenge 12/18/1993
1. Yokozuna defeated Scott Taylor/Bob Narveson in 1:34 following a double Bonsai Drop.
2. Chris Benoit/Jim Cornette Confrontation: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Jim Cornette who came out and quickly praised Ludvig Borga for his strength and dominance. Cornette laughs at the suggestion that Chris Benoit could make Borga submit or overpower Borga in any possible way. Chris Benoit ends up walking out to the podium and tells Cornette that he could make Borga tap out in under five minutes. He credits Borga for being a big guy, but that doesn’t make him safe from the Crossface! Cornette gets defensive and ends up having an idea. “You think you can over power Ludvig Borga? You think you have the strength to put Borga down? Well then Benoit, how about you proof it on RAW with an arm wrestling match!” Benoit quickly accepts the challenge telling Cornette that he will show he is truly the strongest, toughest man in the WWF, starting with Borga!
3. Ron Simmons defeated Joe Hawkins in 2:38 following a spine buster.
4. The Nasty Boys defeated Vince Stewart/Tommy Jones in 3:45 when Saggs pinned Jones following a middle rope elbow drop.
5. Royal Rumble Report: Schedule to take place thus far is the following. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers defend against the Heavenly Bodies. WWF World Champion Lex Luger defends against Mr. Perfect in a no disqualification match. Pettengill believes that Mr. Perfect will defeat Lex Luger and win the WWF World Champion. Pettengill also mentions the thirty man Royal Rumble match and runs down the ten participants scheduled to appear in the match. They are, IRS, Jim Neidhart, Chris Benoit, Yokozuna, the Undertaker, Owen Hart, Jeff Jarrett, Mabel, Mo and Diesel. Pettengill reminds everyone to call their cable provider to order the event so they don’t miss out on the action!
6. Ted DiBiase defeated the Kamikaze Kid in 6:02 with the Million Dollar Dream. After the match, DiBiase shoves a one hundred dollar bill down Kid’s throat until Marty Jannetty runs down to chase DiBiase from the ring. DiBiase heads to the backstage area laughing!
Next week on Wrestling Challenge: Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart compete against Shawn Michaels and Diesel. Can the Hart Family get back track or will Ted DiBiase’s associates continue to haunt the Hart Family? Tune into Wrestling Challenge next Sunday!
Bob Colling Jr. View All
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.
Leave a Reply