The issues between Ted DiBiase and Bret Hart continue. Randy Savage battles Bam-Bam Bigelow in a street on RAW. Plus much more!
WWF RAW 12/20/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. The Smoking Gunns defeated Duane Gill/Chris Kanyon in 3:46 when Billy pinned Gill.
2. Kings Court w/Rick Martel: Jerry Lawler introduces WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel and his new valet, the beautiful Tamara (Sunny). Martel comes out wearing an expensive suit and Tamara is wearing a very appealing red dress. Martel shows off the championship around his waist with an enormous smile on his face before twirling Tamara while Lawler is practically drooling over her. Martel snaps his fingers at Lawler so he regains his composure for the interview segment. Lawler praises Martel for getting the championship off the â€œgrease ballâ€ Razor Ramon and applauds Martel for winning his first singles championship during his WWF career. Martel thanks Lawler for the praise and says that for far too long the WWF Intercontinental Championship was held by ungrateful wrestlers and names wrestlers like Bret Hart, the British Bulldog, and Shawn Michaels. Martel says he is not only the best wrestler to ever hold the championship but he is also hands down the best looking man. Tamara chimes in saying that the moment she saw Martel she was in love stating this his physique, smile, and passion was what got her. She knew that he should be a champion and felt that it was only right for her to “help my man achieve greatness.” Lawler suggests that Martel and Tamara surpass any other couple tandem in WWF history. Lawler shakes Martel’s hand and hugs Tamara, almost not letting go until Martel tugs him off and takes Tamara to the backstage area with him. Lawler remains in the ring trying to regain his composure to end the segment.
3. Ron Simmons defeated Frank Lawson in 2:05 following a spine buster. During the bout, Jim Cornette called in and issued a challenge on behalf of Crush for a match at the Royal Rumble. Cornette says that Simmons isn’t the only one who wants this singles match to take place.
4. IRS defeated John Paul in 2:17 following a lariat.
5. Vince McMahon Announcements: Vince McMahon stands up at the announcers table as he has a few announcements to make. The first announcement is that starting January 1st, 1994, WWF RAW will be traveling outside of Manhattan, NY. He notes that the first location is Poughkeepsie, NY but RAW is scheduled to take place in Virginia, Pennsylvania and Ohio to name just a few. Obviously, the Manhattan, NY aren’t all that thrilled about losing their weekly RAW events. The second announcement is for fans who have the MSG network and NESN. McMahon announces that their Madison Square Garden shows will be broadcasted live on the networks after being on hiatus since 1992, for MSG and 1989 for Boston Gardens. McMahon thanks the fans for their continued support and sits back down as the Royal Rumble Report is up next.
6. Royal Rumble Report: Todd Pettengill hypes up the Royal Rumble taking place on January 23rd, 1994. He promotes the show which will see the following. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defend against the Heavenly Bodies. WWF World Champion Lex Luger defends against Mr. Perfect in a no disqualification match. Pettengill reveals another set of five men scheduled to take part in the thirty man battle royal. They are, Ludvig Borga, Billy Gunn, Bart Gunn, Randy Savage and Doink the Clown. Pre-tape comments from Doink the Clown are aired. Doink says that he will be the last man standing in the ring laughing his way to WrestleMania and winning the WWF World Championship!
7. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Randy Savage at 11:22 in a street fight following a diving head butt off the top rope. After the match, Bigelow celebrates the win following the brutal match. Bigelow is clearly vocal saying â€œI want the dead man.â€
Next week on RAW: Tatanka will wrestle Jerry Lawler one on one. Can Tatanka get revenge on Lawler for pile driving Chief Jay Strongbow? Or, will Lawler manage to sneak away with a win? Tune into RAW next Monday to find out!
WWF Superstars 12/25/1993
1. The Heavenly Bodies defeated Mark Starr/Tom Jones in 3:14 when Prichard pinned Starr following a flapjack. During the bout, WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers shared pre-tape comments saying that it is going to take more than sparkly robes to take the titles off of them. Scott suggests the Heavenly Bodies wrap their fists up tight and get ready for a fight at the Royal Rumble.
2. Jeff Jarrett Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Jeff Jarrett his muscular friend. McMahon wants to know who the big man is, which Jarrett is more than happy to tell him. Jarrett says the man to his left is fellow fan of real music, country music. He also happens to be a seasoned wrestler and longtime friend. The man with him is Scott Norton. The camera gets a close up of Scott Norton’s massive muscles and rather furious look on his face. Jarrett talks about how Mable was the talk around the company because of his size, but now Norton is the talk of the company because he is man that can’t be compared to. Jarrett makes it clear that country beats rap any day of the week, and they together will show that country defeats rap in the ring too!
3. Razor Ramon defeated Chris Kanyon in 3:45 following the Razors Edge.
4. Chris Benoit/Ludvig Borga Arm Wrestling Contest: Jim Ross hosted the arm wrestling segment between Ludvig Borga and Chris Benoit. Ross goes over the rules for the contest which includes keeping their elbows down and their free hands on a nub at the side of the table. Both men agree to the rules, but before anything can happen Cornette tells Benoit to get ready to be embarrassed! They lock hands and Borga ends up getting the early advantage and thinks he has it easily won. However, Benoit gets the momentum as the fans rally behind him and appears to have Borga on the ropes until Cornette whacks Benoit over the back with his tennis racket. Benoit goes to grab Cornette but is attacked by Borga. Borga works on Benoit in the corner with several jabs in the midsection and drives Benoit down to the mat with a shoulder breaker! Cornette raises Borga’s arm in victory despite not actually winning the contest while Benoit is on the mat holding his shoulder.
5. Yokozuna defeated Mike Bucci/George South in 2:02 following a double Bonsai Drop.
6. Royal Rumble Report: Todd Pettengill hypes up the Royal Rumble taking place on January 23rd, 1994. He promotes the show which will see the following. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defend against the Heavenly Bodies. WWF World Champion Lex Luger defends against Mr. Perfect in a no disqualification match. Pettengill promotes the Royal Rumble match and goes over all the men already announced for the contest.
7. Mr. Perfect defeated Doink the Clown in 9:43 following the Perfect Plex. Prior to the match, Doink the Clown came out with a sack filled with presents, but it ended up just being coal that he gave to several fans. Doink was dressed in full Santa gear before the start of the match.
Next week on Superstars: Ludvig Borga and Chris Benoit will compete in a one on one match. Will Benoit be 100% since the attack by Borga and Cornette or will Borga prove to be superior? Tune in next week to find out!
WWF Wrestling Challenge 12/26/1993
1. Ted DiBiase defeated Scott Taylor in 2:33 with the Million Dollar Dream. During the bout, the announcers talked about the footage of Bret Hart going home to spend Christmas with his family. The whole ordeal will be aired on RAW tomorrow night!
2. Razor Ramon Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Razor Ramon. Ross talks about Ramon losing the championship due to a distraction by an apparent crazy fan, but it ended up being Tamara, Rick Martel’s valet. Ramon tells Ross that Martel knew that he isn’t capable of beating him one on one so he went through with some kind of master plan to get the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Ramon continues by saying that he will be using his rematch clause for the Royal Rumble. He warns Tamara to not stick her nose in his business this time around because he is determined to win back the championship that he was robbed of.
3. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers defeated Ryan Young/Charlie Black in 2:19 when Scott pinned Young following a Frankensteiner.
4. the Kamikaze Kid defeated Vito Lograsso in 3:48 following a top rope moonsault. During the bout, Johnny Polo called in to issue a challenge to Kid and Jannetty to a match against the Quebecers next week on Wrestling Challenge.
5. Royal Rumble Report: Todd Pettengill hypes up the Royal Rumble taking place on January 23rd, 1994. He promotes the show which will see the following. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers defend against the Heavenly Bodies. WWF World Champion Lex Luger defends against Mr. Perfect in a no disqualification match. Pettengill promotes the Royal Rumble match and lists the men announced to take part in the match.
6. Shawn Michaels/Diesel defeated Owen Hart/Jim Neidhart in 7:26 when Michaels pinned Neidhart following a super kick. After the match, Shawn Michaels goes over to the announcers table and grabs Jim Ross’ headset. He tells Bret Hart that he is better than Owen, Neidhart and at the Royal Rumble the Hitman will go down for the one, two, three at the hands of the Heartbreak Kid!
Next week on Wrestling Challenge: Marty Jannetty and the Kamikaze Kid square off against the Quebecers in tag team action. Can Jannetty and Kid show the Quebecers that they are to not to be bullied or will the Quebecers find a way to get back on the winning side? Tune in next week to find out!
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.