What’s going on this week in the WWF?
WWF RAW 1/31/1994 (Bushkill, PA)
1. Jeff Jarrett defeated Mark Kyle in 3:24 following a jumping DDT. During the bout, pre-taped comments by Jarrett were aired. Jarrett targeted Mr. Perfect and insulted him saying that Perfect continued to get high profile title matches despite constantly losing to Luger, while Jarrett was stuck in the middle in the pack. Jarrett finished off his promo by saying that he realizes that in order to get recognized he is going to have to make himself a star because the WWF officials will not.
2. Kings Court w/British Bulldog: Jerry Lawler introduces his guest this week as the returning British Bulldog. The topic of conversation quickly turns to the developments regarding Ted DiBiase and the Hart Family. DiBiase is using Bulldog’s wife as his personal maid while Bret’s mother and father are his servants as well. Bulldog tells Lawler that this has been a rough way to start the year, but he is grateful to be back in the WWF. He also says that on March 20th Bret Hart will get his own revenge. However, Bulldog makes it clear that DiBiase isn’t out of the woods after that. “DiBiase, don’t think that after WrestleMania you are free of the Hart Family. You have used and abused my loving wife. I will not sit back and allow you to not be punished Bulldog style!”
3. Razor Ramon defeated Steve Reed in 2:57 following the Razors Edge. During the bout, Bam-Bam Bigelow shared some pre-tape comments saying he was pissed off that Ramon is claiming to be the baddest, toughest man in the World Wrestling Federation. Bigelow knows that honor belongs to him and he will show everyone that Ramon is just a fraud!
4. Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair Hype Video: A video promoting the highly anticipated match between Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan is aired. “Two icons of wrestling square off in the most iconic arena in wrestling history. It’s Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania X LIVE from Madison Square Garden on March 20th!”
5.Owen Hart defeated Austin Steele in 3:34 following a missile dropkick.
6. WrestleMania X Report: Todd Pettengill hosts the WrestleMania Report. He hypes up the matches announced which include WWF World Champion Lex Luger defending against the Undertaker, Ric Flair meeting Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart competing against Ted DiBiase.
7. Mr. Perfect defeated Fatu in 7:14 following the Perfect Plex.
Next Week on RAW: Crush will be in action against Marty Jannetty.
WWF Superstars 2/5/1994
1.Randy Savage defeated Tommy Angel in 2:08 following a top rope elbow drop.
2.Chris Benoit Interview: Jim Ross interviews Chris Benoit regarding the recent events involving Owen Hart. Benoit tells Ross that he is sick and tired of having to care for other people. Benoit says that he is the best wrestler to ever come out of the Dungeon and that includes Owen and Bret Hart. Ross suggests that Benoit should prove that instead of just saying it. “Listen Ross, I am not intimidated by anyone. If Owen Hart wants to challenge me, no one is stopping him. Owen, step up to the plate and try to make me tap.”
3.Ted DiBiase defeated Ray Hudson in 2:56 with the Million Dollar Dream.
4.The Smoking Gunns defeated Duane Gill & Mike Sharpe in 3:49 when Billy pinned Sharpe.
5.Ron Simmons Interview: Vince McMahon interviewed Ron Simmons. McMahon asked who Simmons was talking about the other week when he said he was seeking championship gold. Simmons gets right to the point saying that there has been an arrogant model who has had to rely on his girlfriend to get the job done because he isn’t man enough to do it himself. Simmons confirms it’s the WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel. Simmons mentions that he was able to win the war against Yokozuna and Crush and knows that he can take care of a model to win WWF championship gold.
6. Jerry Lawler defeated Barry Horowitz in 3:15 following a piledriver.
7. The Undertaker defeated Scott Norton in 5:03 by disqualification when Jeff Jarrett got involved. After the match, Undertaker was able to backdrop Jarrett over the top to the floor and clotheslines Norton to the floor as well.
Next Week on Superstars: Bret Hart will be in action against one-half of the disgruntled Nasty Boys, Jerry Saggs.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 2/6/1994
1. Doink the Clown defeated Brad Anderson in 2:33 following the Whoopee Cushion.
2. Shawn Michaels & Diesel Interview: Vince McMahon interviews Shawn Michaels and Diesel. Michaels doesn’t want to hear McMahon talk about the Royal Rumble where Bret Hart got the better of him. Michaels says that nine times out of ten he would bear Bret Hart and that Hart simply got his one fluke win against him. McMahon asks Michaels what he plans on doing now. Michaels gets a smile on his face and puts his arm on Diesel’s shoulder. “Vince, myself and Big Daddy Cool have been chatting lately and we have come to the conclusion that we are the most dominant tag team in the WWF. Now, we are going to put our skills together and prove to ourselves and all the fans of the WWF that we are the best wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation. So, we are issuing a challenge to the WWF World Tag Team Champion Steiner Brothers.” Vince McMahon hypes up the possible match to close the segment.
3.Marty Jannetty & The Kamikaze Kid defeated Joey Stallings & Austin Steele in 4:03 when Jannetty pinned Steele.
4. IRS defeated Corey Student in 2:23 following a leaping clothesline.
5. Mr. Perfect Interview: Jim Ross interviews Mr. Perfect regarding the statements made by Jeff Jarrett on RAW six days ago. Perfect chuckles saying that Jarrett lives in a fantasy world where he believes that he is a country music star. He lives in a fantasy world if he actually thinks that he is anywhere near the caliber that Mr. Perfect is in. Perfect says that if Jarrett wants his chance at stardom to come at his expense, then Jarrett is in for a big disappointment because Mr. Perfect still has plenty left in the tank to hold his own against the young up and comers in the WWF. Perfect finishes off saying that Jarrett just needs to name the time and place and Perfect will end his dreams of being a star in the WWF.
6. WWF World Tag Team Champions Steiner Brothers & Tatanka defeated The Heavenly Bodies & Yokozuna in 12:06 when Scott pinned Del Ray following a Frankensteiner.
Next Week on Wrestling Challenge: Tom Prichard tries his luck against Ron Simmons.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.