What’s going on this week in the WWF?
WWF RAW 4/4/1994
1. Ludivg Borga defeated Mike Evans in 2:42 following a shoulder breaker. During the match, Randy Savage cut a promo saying that at In Your House, he was going to knock Borga out of the US!
2. Kings Court w/ Mr. Perfect: Jerry Lawler welcomed everyone to the greatest talk show segment in WWF! His guest this week is a man who claims to be perfect, but Lawler knows that he is far from that. After all, the man lost to Lex Luger countless times when the top prize was on the line. That’s right, his guest is Mr. Perfect! Perfect comes out and he is clearly annoyed with Lawler already. Lawler wants to know why Perfect claims to be the perfect wrestler when all he ever does is lose the important matches. Perfect threatens Lawler that he will grab his crown and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine because he is hear to talk about one man and that’s Scott Norton. Perfect says that even though Norton is enormous he is also a coward for attacking him from behind and costing him the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Perfect issues a challenge to Norton for April 23rd to meet him like a man face to face.
3. Men on a Mission defeated Tim Thomas & Bill Walker in 3:05 when Mo pinned Thomas.
4. The British Bulldog defeated Gerry Phillips in 2:09 following a running powerslam. During the match, Ted DiBiase cut a promo saying that on April 23rd, DiBiase was going to embarrass Bulldog and show his wife that DiBiase is a real man!
5. Bam-Bam Bigelow & Jack Tunney Segment: Vince McMahon is standing in the ring to talk to WWF President Jack Tunney, who is making a rare appearance on RAW. McMahon says that the first In Your House is two weeks away and wants some answers regarding the WWF World Championship match. Jack Tunney reveals that Lex Luger had declined to use his rematch clause on April 23rd so the WWF board has agreed to give second top challenger the title shot. McMahon asks who that would be and Tunney reveals it’s Bam-Bam Bigelow! That brings out Bam-Bam Bigelow, a man who gave the Undertaker some brutal battles in 1993. Now, he gets the Undertaker live on pay per view with the top prize on the line. Bigelow cuts a promo saying that he is glad that the WWF board has opened their eyes and realized that the Beast From The East deserves a title shot. Bigelow warns the Undertaker that he has beaten him once and he will do it again. “This time Undertaker, I’ll be the WWF World Champion at the end of the night!”
6. Doink the Clown defeated John Murphy in 2:53 following the Whoopee Cushion.
7. Sparky Plugg Promo: A vignette promotin the debut of Sparky Plugg is shown. Plugg is working on his car this week and slides out from underneath. Plugg says that he will making his debut on April 25th with his eye on the top prize in the WWF!
8. Chris Benoit defeated The Kamikaze Kid in 7:24 after the match, Benoit kept the Crossface on Kid until Owen Hart ran out and attacked Benoit. Owen was able to get the Sharpshooter on Benoit, but officials broke it up.
WWF Superstars 4/9/1994
1. Bret Hart defeated AJ Fatal in 2:44 with the Sharpshooter. After the match, Jim Ross interviewed Bret Hart who said that Ted DiBiase needs to get a life and leave his family alone. Bret assures us that he will be in Bulldog’s corner at In Your House on April 23rd.
2. Lex Luger Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Lex Luger. McMahon wants to know why Luger decided against using his rematch clause at In Your House on April 23rd. Luger tells McMahon that it’s all part of his game-plan to get his WWF World Championship back. He says that he is the only man who can realistically beat the Undertaker and he made a deal with Bam-Bam Bigelow to weaken the Undertaker. Vince chimes in by saying that Bigelow has beaten the Undertaker before and this plan Luger has developed could backfire on him. Luger dismisses that thought and knows his plan is going to work because he doesn’t fail at anything in life, ever.
3. Crush defeated Joey Cage in 2:13 with the Kona Vice
4. Marty Jannetty defeated Mike Sharpe in 3:08 with the Rocker Dropper.
5. Razor Ramon Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the returning Razor Ramon. Ross asks about Ramon losing at WrestleMania X to Bam-Bam Bigelow. Ramon says that Bigelow was the better man that night, but he is sure they will meet again in the future. After losing the match, Ramon needed some time to himself to regroup and get the fire inside to be the Bad Guy. He feels that the fire is back and the WWF better take notice, he isn’t going to lay down for anyone. Ross brings up the recent vignettes promoting Carlos Vega. Ramon tells Ross that Vega is a man that got Ramon into some bad things, such as a gang in the Miami area. Razor for a long time thought what Vega was teaching him was right, but he realized it wasn’t. Ramon warns Carlos Vega to stay out of his way and that he doesn’t have a problem with him. Razor does say that if Vega tries to mess with him or ruin his career, he will regret ever doing so.
6.Tatanka defeated Sheldon Knight in 2:27 with a Samoan Drop.
7. The Smoking Gunns defeated the Heavenly Bodies in 8:14 when Billy pinned Del Ray. During the match, the WWF World Tag Team Champions Shawn Michaels and Diesel came out to mock the Smoking Gunns.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 4/10/1994
1. Ron Simmons defeated Chris Cook in 2:18 following a spine buster.
2. The Undertaker Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Paul Bearer and WWF World Champion the Undertaker. McMahon brought up the fact that the Undertaker will be defending the championship against rival Bam-Bam Bigelow in thirteen days. Bearer speaks for the Undertaker by saying that Bigelow and Taker destroyed each other for most of 1993 and that it continues in thirteen days. They have had last man standing matches, and steel cage matches so nothing will prevent these two from ripping into each other. One this is for sure, though, Bam-Bam Bigelow will not be the better man. The Undertaker chimes in to tell us that “Bigelow, you are stepping into the fire once again. For a third time, your fire will be extiniguished. Come April 23rd, you will Rest In Peace.”
3. IRS defeated Anthony Stevens in 2:06 following a lariat.
4. WWF World Tag Team Champions Shawn Michaels & Diesel defeated Pat Luck & Kevin Star in 3:51 when Diesel pinned Luck.
5. Rick Martel Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel regarding his upcoming match with Ron Simmons on April 23rd. Martel says that he isn’t afraid of the no disqualification stipulation. Instead, it will be just another chance for him to prove that he can outsmart Simmons and retain the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Martel finished off by saying that Simmons will never look as good as him, no matter what Simmons does to him in their battle for the gold!
6. Scott Norton defeated Jim Neidhart in 5:17 following a shoulder breaker.