It’s the final week before the second In Your House pay per view. What will happen before the pay per view?!
WWF RAW 5/16/1994
1. The Smoking Gunns defeated Tony Anderson & Frank Reynolds in 2:33 when Billy pinned Reynolds.
2. Kings Court w/Ted DiBiase: Jerry Lawler introduced his guest this week, the number one contender for the WWF World Championship, the man who will look to dethrone the deadman this Sunday at the second In Your House, Ted DiBiase! DiBiase makes his way down to the ring with Diana Smith and greets Lawler with a handshake. Lawler asks DiBiase about his thoughts on match coming up this Sunday. DiBiase tells Lawler that he is confident he has what it takes to win the match. Whether it be with his pure ability or with the help of his bank account, one way or another the WWF World Championship will be his on May 23rd. DiBiase reminds everyone that he is the man who brought the Undertaker into the WWF and by God he will be the man to send him out of the World Wrestling Federation!
3. Crush defeated Greg Thompson in 2:14 with the Kona Vice. During the match, Bret Hart cut a pre-tape promo on Crush saying that no matter how big Crush is, come this Sunday he will tapping out like a little boy.
4. Marty Jannetty defeated Glenn Ruth in 2:06 with the Rocker Dropper.
5. Ron Simmons Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Ron Simmons. McMahon asks about his upcoming match against a mystery opponent picked by Bob Backlund this Sunday at the second In Your House. Simmons believes that Backlund insulting the American people will get him nowhere. Ron tells us that the fans can continue to support him and he won’t let them down. He knows that he came up short against Rick Martel, but next week he will face Martel in a KOTR Tournament match and believes that he will finally beat the champion and make his way towards the WWF World Championship. However, first he is going to shut Backlund and his mystery guy up this Sunday.
6. Lex Luger defeated Scott Taylor in 1:34 following a running forearm.
7. Rick Martel Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel and Tamara. Ross brings up Scott Steiner who has made it clear he wants some championship gold and it’s being rumored that he will be coming for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Martel scoffs at the suggestion continuing to say that Scott Steiner hasn’t achieved anything in singles action to warrant a championship match with someone like himself. Martel also mentions that he is disgruntled about being left off the pay per view saying he is the only champion not getting a pay per view paycheck. Rick believes it’s because he has beaten all the top guys and is left with no one. “I’ve beaten all the fans heroes and if Scott Steiner happens to reach the spot, which he won’t, I’ll beat him too.”
8. Yokozuna defeated Razor Ramon to advance in the 1994 King of the Ring Tournament. During the match, Carlos Vega entered the ring while the referee was distracted to hit a spinning heel kick and that allowed Yokozuna to hit the Bonsai Drop. Tatanka ran out to attack Yokozuna to close the show, as well.
WWF Superstars 5/21/1994
1. IRS defeated William Anderson in 2:05 following a lariat.
2. Carlos Vega Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Carlos Vega regarding what Vega did to Ramon on RAW. Vega tells Ross that he gave Ramon the chance to come back to his family, but he turned his back on him. Razor turned his back on the guy who gave Ramon the ability and confidence that he has today. As a result, Vega says he is going to make Ramon’s life a living hell. Vega is going to cripple Ramon and make him regret the day he turned his back on the Cuban Mafia.
3. Ludvig Borga defeated Tim Jones in 2:16 following a shoulder breaker.
4. Randy Savage defeated AJ Fatal in 2:03 following a top rope elbow drop.
5. Bret Hart Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with former WWF World Champion Bret Hart regarding his match with Crush this Sunday at In Your House #2. McMahon notes the size of Crush and how ruthless Crush has become since joining Mr. Fuji. Bret disagrees and believes Crush has just become more of a coward who can’t fight anyone without attacking them from behind first. Come this Sunday, Crush will have to deal with Bret Hart face to face man to man. Bret will then prove to Crush and anyone else who doubts him, that he is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!
6. The Quebecers defeated Damien Wolfe & Joey Cage in 2:17 when Pierre pinned Cage after a somersault splash off the top.
7. Owen Hart defeated Jeff Jarrett in 5:13 following a missile dropkick to advance in the 1994 King of the Ring Tournament. During the match, Chris Benoit shared pre-tape comments saying that Owen is lucky to get a second chance this Sunday against him, but it won’t matter because Owen can’t beat him and he knows it.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 5/22/1994
1. Chris Benoit defeated Howie Christianson in 2:15 following a German suplex.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Bam-Bam Bigelow. Vince brings up the recent issues with Lex Luger and how Luger has said that everything between them is fine. Bigelow isn’t amused by that and tells McMahon that everything isn’t cool between them. Bigelow tells McMahon that he is dumb for believing that. Bigelow notes that Luger cost him the WWF World Championship recently and that will not be forgotten nor forgiven. Bigelow warns Luger that he is coming for him to get payback and the fire inside him is burning greatly.
3. Scott Norton defeated Jim Neidhart in 4:19 following a spine buster.
4. Tatanka defeated PJ Walker in 2:43 following a Samoan Drop. During the match, Mr. Fuji cuts a promo saying that Tatanka will disappointment everyone later tonight when his man, Yokozuna will end Tatanka.
5. Headshrinkers Mystery Family Member Revealed: Jim Ross introduced the Headshrinkers to reveal who their mystery family member is. Fatu talks for the team and tells Ross that the man is their cousin and says his name is Sionne. McMahon turns to Sionne and asks him what his purpose in the WWF is. Sionne takes a moment and tells Vince that it’s to have the back of his family and be by their side as they go to war with other top WWF tag teams. Sionne looks forward to the chance to get in the ring with his cousins, as well! (this is the debut of the Barbarian under the name he was given in real life).
6. Men on a Mission defeated the Heavenly Bodies in 6:27 when Mabel pinned Del Ray after a big splash. During the match, WWF World Tag Team Champions Shawn Michaels and Diesel cut a promo telling us that after IYH, Mabel and Mo will be rapping on the street corners to make a living for themselves because they will never be champions.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.