Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Wrestling Challenge
From: Beaumont, TX
1.) Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jim Hunter
2.) Skinner defeated Dave Silguero
3.) Kamala defeated James Santos
4.) WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. defeated Jerry Stevens & Robert Taylor
5.) Marty Jannetty defeated Mike Williams
6.) Tito Santana defeated the Predator
7.) Doink the Clown defeated Bob East
1. Stills from the Royal Rumble open the show. WWF World Champion Bret Hart retained the championship over Razor Ramon and Yokozuna won the Royal Rumble!
2. The Beast from the East Bam-Bam Bigelow continued to no problem with his opposition as he took care of Jim Hunter following a diving head butt.
3. Footage from WWF Superstars is shown where WWF World Champion Bret Hart talked about having many challengers leading into WrestleMania IX. He is going to be a fighting champion and will only worry about Yokozuna when WrestleMania gets closer.
4. Skinner was in action, but it was a pretty boring squash match. He picked up the win following a reverse DDT.
5. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. The Undertaker will be wrestling Yokozuna on February 26th. Paul Bearer says that Yokozuna’s time is coming to face the Darkness. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels cuts a promo on Sherri Martel and Marty Jannetty as they will be wrestling on the same show. Michaels says that he doesn’t need anyone and both Sherri and Jannetty are going down.
6. Kamala figures out how to pin his opponent James Santos after hitting a splash.
7. Lex Luger appears on the Wrestling Challenge! Luger says it is always a pleasure to be in the company of someone like Bobby Heenan who admires his looks. Luger compares himself as being ice cream while Mr. Perfect is horse poop.
8. WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. took care of business against Jerry Stevens and Robert Taylor. IRS pins Stevens following a clothesline. It looks like the champs are ready for the Nasty Boys!
9. Footage from WWF Superstars is shown as Raymond Rougeau interviewed Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Duggan is proud to carry the US flag wherever he goes. However, he doesn’t like that Mr. Fuji has been insulting the American people and he will stand up for the people. Duggan issues a challenge to Yokozuna to a match so he can knock Yokozuna off his feet! Duggan will not quit as he will attack, attack, attack!
10. Marty Jannetty is in action this week and has Sherri Martel by his side. Jannetty wins the bout following the Rocker Dropper.
11. Footage from WWF Royal Rumble is shown. Giant Gonzalez attacked the Undertaker during the Royal Rumble match.
12. Tito Santana prevailed over the Predator in a rather lengthy squash match compared to the others after hitting a flying forearm smash.
13. Doink the Clown made a successful debut by pinning Bob East with a rather creative hold pulling East’s leg over his head and sitting down.
14. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. Doink the Clown will wrestle Typhoon on RAW. Kamala will wrestle Kimchee on February 26th. Both Kimchee with Harvey Wippleman and Kamala with Slick share their thoughts regarding the match.
15. Mr. Fuji and Yokozuna accept Jim Duggan challenge to a match. Fuji warns that Duggan will need all the luck to knock Yokozuna off his feet!
It makes sense that there will be a short program between Duggan and Yokozuna. It’s the usual USA vs. foreign country angle. Considering Duggan is still quite popular and Yokozuna is new to the company, it will be a good way to get Yoko some serious heat heading into WrestleMania.
Overall, not a lot of angle developments going on this week. Heck, the only notable thing really happened on WWF Superstars. Still, it’s still kind of fun watching these shows just for Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon on commentary.
Thanks for reading.