Written by: Bob Colling
Ohio Valley Wrestling TV
From: Louisville, KY
1.) Nic Nemeth, Ken Doane & Seth Skyfire defeated Vic Delicious, DA Beast & Robert Fury
2.) OVW Television Champion Brent Albright defeated Steve Lewington to retain the title
3.) Danny Inferno fought Aaron Stevens to a no contest in an anything goes match
4.) OVW Southern Tag Team Champions The Thrillseekers defeated MNM to retain the titles.
1. The program starts off with a six man tag match. Nic Nemeth, Ken Doane and Seth Skyfire team up to take on the team of Vic Delicious, DA Beast and Robert Fury. Nemeth hits Delicious with a dropkick but is clotheslined by Beast from the apron. Nemeth is worked on by all three men in the corner. Beast hit’s a double under hook suplex for a two count. Fury misses a spear and hits the ring post. Skyfire gets the tag and cleans house hitting Fury with a spin kick for a near fall. Beast is clotheslined by Doane and Nemeth. Doane drops Fury with a reverse DDT to allow Skyfire to hit a top rope leg drop on Fury for the three count.
2. Jim Cornette announces that OVW Heavyweight Champion Elijah Burke will defend the championship next week against Matt Morgan next week. He introduces Tank and Chad Toland for an interview. They have won their legal battle against OVW and Chris Cage. Chris Cage can not be within fifty feet of them. Chad talks about being attacked with a crutch by Cage. Tank thinks that Cage was afraid of him. They reveal that they plan to go for the OVW Heavyweight and Tag Team Championships now that they are back in OVW. These two need to work on their promo work for sure.
3. Brent Albright is back to defend the OVW Television Championship against Steve Lewington this week. Lewington drops Albright with a clothesline and gets a near fall after a leg sweep takedown. Albright nails Lewington with a big clothesline on the floor to gain the advantage. Lewington fights back with strikes and clotheslines. Lewington hit’s a weird move where he has Albright over his shoulder but drops to his knees having virtually no impact on Albright. They collide heads, causing Lewington to fall to the floor. Kenny Bolin gets on the apron and distracts the referee so Lashley and Mondo can attack Lewington. Albright locks in the Crowbar to get the submission victory.
4. It’s anything goes when Danny Inferno meets Aaron Stevens. Inferno attacks Stevens from behind to get the early control of the fight. Trudy kicks Stevens on the floor and Inferno rams Stevens into the announcers table. Inferno exposes the concrete floor but Stevens drives him back first into the ring post and follows up with a trash can shot. Stevens connects with a snap suplex and they begin to trade blows. Inferno gets a two count after a side Russian leg sweep. Stevens is sent back first into the corner where a trash can was set up. Beth Phoenix comes out and attacks Trudy! Stevens attacks Inferno on the floor and Trudy punches Phoenix. They fight backstage and return to the arena only to be held apart as the match is tossed out.
5. A video of the Heartbreakers working out is aired. These two are just ridiculous.
6. MNM go for the gold in the main event against the OVW Southern Tag Team Champions the Thrillseekers. Cappotelli slaps Matthews after being tossed to the floor. Matthews hammers away on Cappotelli when Mo Green appears at the announcers table. Jeter takes MNM out with a somersault dive over top rope to the floor. Matthews is met with a double dropkick. Jeter hit’s a missile drop kick but Nitro sends Jeter into the ring post moments later. Jeter is prevented from tagging out when Matthews connects with a neck breaker. Cappotelli gets the tag and flapjacks Matthews. Cappotelli leg lariats Nitro and splashes Matthews. Cappotelli almost gets the pin after a cross body on Matthews. Cappotelli misses a dropkick and MNM hit the Snapshot on Cappotelli but Jeter makes the save. Mo Green prevents Melina from using a chair. Mo ends up whacking Matthews over the head with the chair after having a tug of war with Melina. As a result, Matthews is pinned.
There wasn’t anything all that good about this weeks show. The main event was really disappointing and I hope it’s not the final blow off between MNM and the Thrillseekers because that was just weak. Brent Albright really needs to get some clean wins to be taken as a serious champion. It seems like he always has to cheat or someone interferes for him. Just let the guy get some clean wins, please? This one gets a thumbs down from me.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.