Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Kalamazoo, MI
1.) Legion of Doom defeated Barry Hardy & Duane Gill
2.) Repo Man defeated Chris Vaughn
3.) WWF Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart defeated Tom Bennett
4.) The Berzerker defeated Mark Roberts
5.) Rick Martel defeated Red Tyler
6.) “Texas Tornado” Kerry Von Erich defeated Warren Bianchi
7.) WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. defeated Jim Powers & Buck Zumhoff
1. Vince McMahon and Mr. Perfect kick off the show. Perfect insults Ultimate Warrior saying that he is an idiot for getting involved with Sid Justice’s business.
2. During the opening match, the Beverly Brothers call the Legion of Doom sissies making fun of their haircuts and face paint. My favorite jobber tag team Gill & Hardy isn’t able to get anything going and are destroyed by the bigger Legion of Doom. Gill suffers the Doomsday Device and is pinned by Hawk. Nice squash to kick off the show.
3. Mean Gene hosts the WWF Update segment. Gene talks about Ric Flair exposing pictures of Elizabeth. We see a few examples of the photos that Flair provided. It appears that Flair simply photo shopped the pictures to put himself in the photos. We see footage from WrestleMania VIII where Flair kissed Elizabeth after losing the WWF World Championship to Randy Savage. That’s all for the update segment this week.
4. Well, the Repo Man focused on Chris Vaughn’s throat during the bout catapulting him throat first into the bottom rope a few times before winning the match. After the match, Repo drags Vaughn around the ring with his rope around his neck before going to the backstage area.
5. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. We hear from Sid Justice regarding a match against the Ultimate Warrior on 4/26. Sid asks if Warrior is was afraid that he would have to wrestle him and that’s why he left after SummerSlam. Sid tells Warrior to not mess with the man who rules the world. The Ultimate Warrior chimes with his own statements saying that all the forces in the universe are ruled by Sid. Warrior says no one will follow Sid and thus he will not rule the world.
6. A video of a man talking about Big Bossman is shown. He is in prison and says that when he gets out of prison the rule “an eye for an eye” will be intact.
7. During the next match, Shawn Michaels shares some thoughts regarding the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Michaels is going to make it the most polished championship in the WWF. The current WWF Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart easily takes care of Tom Bennett winning the bout with the Sharpshooter.
8. Back to Sean Mooney with more Event Center. We hear from Repo Man who is going to wrestle the British Bulldog on 4/26. Repo says that during his job he has to take care of dogs and he is going to take care of Bulldog. WWF Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart will be wrestling Shawn Michaels on the show. Bret talks about regaining the championship against Roddy Piper. He says that Michaels big fat stupid head is going to get in the way of getting his belt. Shawn Michaels shares some thoughts saying that he is coming after Bret and will catch him.
9. A video promoting new wrestler Crush is shown. Crush has always liked to Crush things. We see a little flashback where Crush just happens to crush things. We will soon see what he is able to crush.
10. Mr. Fuji issues a challenge to the Undertaker on behalf of the Berzerker. Speaking of the Berzerker he was in action against Mark Roberts. Berzerker takes care of Roberts following a power slam.
11. Mean Gene is standing on the podium with several Ultimate Warrior fans. Gene calls out the Ultimate Warrior for an interview. Warrior says he couldn’t sit around and allow Sid Justice and his great curse attack Hulk Hogan. Warrior says that Hogan is a great friend and to do wrong to any of his friends, his fans, means that he will pay an even higher price. Warrior will stand proud as he holds the banner of the World Wrestling Federation.
12. Rick Martel didn’t have to worry about his face being damaged this week as easily made Red Tyler submit to the Boston Crab.
13. Kerry Von Erich shared some pre-tape comments during his match saying that he is back and is staying focus on family, religion and the WWF. Von Erich wins the bout following a discus punch.
14. WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. were in action as the Natural Disasters shared some pre-tape thoughts. They tell Money Inc. that they are cowards and the next time they meet in the ring the titles will be theirs! DiBiase forces Buck Zumhoff to pass out to the Million Dollar Dream to win the match.
15. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center for the last time. We hear from the Beverly Brothers who meet the Legion of Doom on 4/26. Beau Beverly notes that the Legion of Doom haven’t beaten them before and that won’t change. Legion of Doom share their thoughts saying that Paul Ellering has returned and Ellering asks is it worth going up to go down?
16. Paul Bearer and the Undertaker respond to Mr. Fuji’s challenge. Bearer tells them that next week they will pay for the mistake. Undertaker says that Berzerker will meet his destiny and death in the same night. Berzerker says that whatever doesn’t kill him makes him stronger.
It’s always interesting to see what direction the WWF will go in following the biggest pay per view event of the year. The Sid/Warrior could be a money feud, but it never got a chance to really materialize due to Sid walking out of the company a week after this show aired. The Beverly/LOD feud isn’t interesting to me at all. It seems to be a minor roadblock until the Legion of Doom goes after Money Inc. and the titles.
The show basically promoted a Boston Gardens show on 4/26.
Overall, not much happen other then the Undertaker/Berzerker mini-feud that isn’t interesting at all.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.