Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Kalamazoo, MI
1.) Ric Flair defeated Ron Cumberledge
2.) Davey Boy Smith defeated Kevin Kruger
3.) The Beverly Brothers defeated Eric Collins & Mike Freedom
4.) Shawn Michaels defeated George Anderson
5.) Sgt. Slaughter defeated the Brooklyn Brawler
6.) The Natural Disasters defeated Kent Carlson & Tom Stone
7.) The Undertaker fought the Berzerker to a no contest
1. Former WWF World Champion Ric Flair got back to his winning ways on WWF television when he forced Ron Cumberledge to give up to the figure four leg lock.
2. Mean Gene hosts the WWF Update segment. Gene talks about activities that happened before WrestleMania VIII. You can see those on the Coliseum Video release of the event. That’s all for the Update segment this week.
3. Davey Boy Smith competed in singles action where he pinned Kevin Krueger following a running power slam.
4. Perhaps the bravest tag team in the WWF, the Beverly Brothers were in tag team action. If you remember, they called the Legion of Doom sissies last week. They shared pre-tape comments where they continued to call LOD and Paul Ellering sissies. The Beverly’s won the match after Blake lifted Freedom into the air and Beau drove him face first into the canvas. After the match the Genius got some paint out and allowed Blake to paint Freedom’s face and painted “LOS” on his chest.
5. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. We hear from Sid Justice regarding his match against the Ultimate Warrior on 4/26. Justice says that a little bit of fear can do the soul some good. Justice threatens to crush Warrior’s skull into a thousand pieces if he gets involved in his business. The Ultimate Warrior shares his thoughts saying he doesn’t know of a man who rules the world. If he registers fear then he gets in trouble.
6. A video promoting the new wrestler Crush. Crush reflects on his childhood where he couldn’t pour himself a glass of milk because he crushed the cartoon. Crush calls out the heels wondering who will make him “mind my manners now?”
7. WWF Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart shared some thoughts during Shawn Michaels match. Hart says he would never let someone like Michaels tarnish the belt. Michaels picks up the win following the teardrop suplex.
8. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center again. Davey Boy Smith meets Repo Man on 4/26. Repo Man goes crazy every time he hears the word bulldog. So, during his job he kicks bulldogs in the face and wraps a rope around their neck and he is going to do that to Smith. Legion of Doom and Paul Ellering chat about the Beverly Brothers. Animal says they are going to destroy the Beverly Brothers. Hawk says that the Beverly Brothers will be down and out when they get done with them.
9. Sgt. Slaughter shared some thoughts on the Mountie saying that Mountie will be an international maggot. Anyway, Slaughter was in singles action as he took on the Brooklyn Brawler. Slaughter forced Brawler to give up to the cobra clutch.
10. Mean Gene introduces Sid Justice for an interview. Justice says that it was just last week when Warrior was with the stupid brat kids. Justice doesn’t need any friends because he is the man in the WWF that everyone fears. Justice recalls Warrior getting involved with his business at WrestleMania. He saw to it that WrestleMania was Hogan’s last wrestling match. Sid is confident that he will end Warrior’s career. I don’t get why he has a manager when Harvey Wippleman doesn’t speak for him or anything.
11. The Natural Disasters had no problem using their size advantage to demolish Kent Carlson & Tom Stone. WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. brag about leaving WrestleMania with the belts when they said they would. Stone suffers two splashes before being pinned by Typhoon.
12. Sean Mooney hosts the Event Center. WWF Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart talks about his match against Shawn Michaels saying that Michaels doesn’t know what cool is until he steps in the ring with him! Shawn Michaels chimes in saying that Hart’s satisfaction is going to cost him. Michaels is coming for what he wants and that is the WWF Intercontinental Championship.
13. Mr. Fuji steals the urn and the Berzerker attacks Paul Bearer. Berzerker uses his shield to hit Undertaker several times and actually looks to stab him with his sword, but misses. Undertaker is dumped to the floor where he grabs Mr. Fuji but is attacked by Berzerker again. Berzerker rams Taker into the ring post and pile drives Taker on the concrete floor! Taker sits up rather quickly and stalks towards Berzerker who is walking to the backstage area.
14. Skinner talks about wrestling the Ultimate Warrior next week. Skinner is going beat Warrior’s brains out and show why he isn’t afraid of anyone. Warrior says he has walked in darker areas and tasted nastier things then chewing tobacco. They battle next week!
I was quite shocked at the Undertaker/Berzerker segment. The thought never crossed my mind of a brutal attack but that happened and I liked it. The only thing I hated about it was how quickly Undertaker rose up from being pile driven on the concrete floor. Everything else was basic and not all that interesting to me.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.