Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Phoenix, AZ
1.)Greg Valentine & The Honky Tonk Man defeated Frankie Valdez & Gary Sabaugh
2.)The Big Bossman defeated Iron Mike Sharpe
3.)Rick Martel defeated Louie Spicolli
4.)Akeem defeated Ricki Ataki
5.)WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan defeated Dino Bravo in a non-title match
1. Jimmy Hart announces that Greg Valentine and Honkytonk Man will debut their new hit single at WrestleMania VI.
2. Mean Gene talks about the possible tension between Powers of Pain and the Orient Express. We hear from Slick who says he has purchased the Warlord contract from Mr. Fuji. Slick considers it worth it because of how big Warlord is. Mr. Fuji has also sold the Barbarian to Bobby Heenan.
3. It’s time to get comments from the WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan and WWF Intercontinental Champion Ultimate Warrior. Hogan says that WrestleMania VI is more intense than any of the other Mania’s put together. Hogan feels like Hulkamania is in danger. Hogan went to the gym and talked to a mirror for an answer. Apparently, the mirror talked backed to him and told him that he will know when that happens. Hogan considers WrestleMania VI to be the most important day of his life. Hogan is going to wipe Warrior’s war paint off. Hogan tells Warrior he has to prove to him that he is ultimate Hulkamaniac at WrestleMania VI. Ultimate Warrior shares his thoughts by starting off with his trademark grunting. He has a question for Hogan to answer his own question? Warrior says that total self-destruction is the only thing left. He wants to know if Hogan tries to comfort the normal that has even more fear than him. This guy has no idea what he is talking about. Warrior wants Hogan to shove the controls into a nosedive and wants Hogan to push himself to total self-destruction. He wonders if Hogan is facing a power which is stronger than him. Warrior doesn’t believe he is the chosen one but rather he is the only one. WHAT?
4. The Brother Love Show this week saw the Hart Foundation as the special guests. They will be wrestling the Bolsheviks at WrestleMania VI. Jim Neidhart tells Love that the times are changing and says they are going to send the Bolsheviks right through the roof. Bret Hart mentions that they want to win the WWF World Tag Team Championships. So, they issue a challenge to the winners of the tag team title match at WrestleMania. Neidhart knows that Andre and Haku are tough opponents. He teases giving Bobby Heenan a Hart Attack. As for Demolition, they know they have taken care of their opponents but they haven’t taken care of them yet! So, they better put up or shut up!
5. The featured match this week is a rather big one with WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan squaring off against Dino Bravo! Bravo shows off his strength early on by tossing Hogan int a corner to kick off the bout. Earthquake is standing at ringside, by the way. Hogan shows off his strength by sending Bravo into a corner and hits a backdrop. Jimmy Hart trips Hogan as he runs the ropes and that allows Bravo to get the upper hand with a few forearm drops and chokes. Bravo distracts the referee so Earthquake can choke the champ from the floor. Bravo drives Hogan down to the mat with a side slam but only gets a two count. Hogan begins to Hulk Up. Hogan hits the big boot on Bravo and follows up with the leg drop to win. After the match, Earthquake enters the ring and attacks Hogan with Bravo. Hogan tries to fight them both off but Quake attacks him from behind again. Quake comes off the ropes and drops a few elbows. Quake comes off the ropes again and sits down on Hogan! Ultimate Warrior runs down and clotheslines Quake to make the save! Hogan struggles to his feet but shoves Warrior away. Warrior is running the ropes and acts like he is going clothesline Hogan, but they don’t do anything. Warrior just runs to the backstage area.
A solid edition of Superstars this week. The Hogan/Warrior interviews are really out there, but because of that they are enjoyable. I’m just hoping that eventually I’ll be able to understand what Warrior is talking about. It looks like the Hart Foundation will be getting a push after WrestleMania, and I’m loving that. The tag team division is rather old, so putting a younger team on top would surely help out the shows. As for the Warlord and the Barbarian being sold, I don’t care all that much. They don’t strike me as dominating heels and they aren’t anywhere close to being threats to Hogan or Warrior. Overall, I’ll give the show a thumbs up. Whenever Superstars has a featured match it is almost always going to get a thumbs up from me.
Thanks for reading.