Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Lowell, MA
1.)WWF World Champion Yokozuna defeated Scott Taylor & Bert Centeno
2.)Jeff Jarrett defeated Rich Myers
3.)Bret Hart defeated Mike Bell
4.)WWF Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon defeated Chris Duffy
5.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Brian Walsh
1. WWF President Jack Tunney reveals that he has granted entry into the Royal Rumble for Lex Luger! There wasn’t any kind of special announcement. Tunney got to the point in under a minute in a pre-tape promo.
2. After WWF World Champion Yokozuna destroyed two jobbers with a double Bonzai Drop, he is scared to death by the Undertaker and Paul Bearer. Taker and Bearer appear on the big screen. Taker is making a casket for their casket match at Royal Rumble. Taker says it will take him only one time to finish Yokozuna off. He warns the champion that he doesn’t make mistakes but instead buries them. So, he makes them, but just buries them, right?
3. Owen Hart comes out to ringside to celebrate the victory with Bret Hart. He is acting way too happy for his brother as it comes across as if he isn’t sincere about it.
4. Ray Rougeau conducts an interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions the Quebecers. They will be defending the championships against the 1-2-3 Kid and Marty Jannetty on RAW in two days. It’s being treated as a “tune up” match for the Rumble. Johnny Polo doesn’t like Lex Luger and calls him a coward for having a metal plate in his arm. He opes Luger is left in the ring with ten of their friends at the Rumble. Jacques says they don’t care about Americans and says there isn’t a team closer than him and Pierre. Jacques notes that brothers aren’t always close and they don’t always get along. Johnny Polo notes the tag team title defense I mentioned earlier. They are going to prove they are fighting champions.
5. After Bam-Bam Bigelow’s victory, Doink the Clown makes his way out to the entrance way to mess with Bigelow some more. Doink fakes Bigelow out with a bucket and Bigelow trips over Dink. Bigelow and Luna try to chase after Doink and Dink but they slip on marbles!
Although there wasn’t a featured bout, there was advancement in several feuds. In that regard, I found the show to be an enjoyable one. The stuff with Yoko/Taker has been good and it’s clear to me that Owen Hart isn’t about to stay loyal with his brother. I feel like there was some foreshadowing with the Quebecers as well in their promo to make that point very obvious. Overall, I’m giving the show a thumbs up.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.