WWF Superstars 5/12/1990
Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Austin, TX
1.)The Bushwhackers defeated Buddy Rose & Elmer Johnson
2.)The Barbarian defeated Jim Gorman
3.)Dino Bravo fought Brutus Beefcake to a double count-out in a WWF Intercontinental Title Tournament Match
4.)The Orient Express defeated Louie Spicolli & Mark Young
5.)Earthquake defeated Jerry Monti
6.)Tugboat defeated The Brooklyn Brawler
1. Footage from the last SNME is shown where Big Bossman was attacked by Ted DiBiase and Virgil after a match with Akeem. Bossman was handcuffed to the top rope and Virgil got his nightstick. Bossman clearly has the key to the cuffs in his hands. He breaks free and clears the ring. Bossman chases after both men as well. DiBiase shared some comments saying that Bossman got a taste of what is going to be coming. Bossman also cut a promo saying that he will catch them and they will not like the punishment they get.
2. The WWF Intercontinental Championship Tournament continues this week with Bravo taking on Beefcake. Beefcake opened the bout with a cross body for a near win. Beefcake sends Bravo to the floor after a few clotheslines. On the floor, Jimmy Hart acts like he is going to hit Beefcake with a megaphone but instead distracts him long enough for Bravo to get the upper hand. Bravo kept control in the ring with an atomic drop and a gut wrench slam for a near fall. Bravo leaps off the middle rope with a double axe handle but Beefcake powers out again at two. Beefcake makes his comeback with a backdrop and a high knee lift. Beefcake gets the sleeper hold on Bravo but Jimmy Hart gets on the apron. That allows Mr. Perfect to run out and he brawls with Beefcake until Bravo attacks Beefcake. They are both counted out, though Beefcake clearly rolled in to break the count. After the match, Perfect kicks Beefcake in the ribs before leaving.
3. After a week of not having the Brother Love Show, it returns this week. His guest this week is a man and woman. That would be Dusty Rhodes and Sapphire. Love says they know their place in society. Love talks to Sapphire about being embarrassed by Randy Savage and Sherri Martel. Love turns to Rhodes and talks about Rhodes getting on his hands and knees to kiss Savage and Martel feet. Rhodes refutes what Love said and talks about his parents being common people. Rhodes tells Savage and Martel that they do not embarrass them in public and there is going to be some pain. Love gets in Sapphire’s face and is slapped. She hides behind Rhodes and that’s the end of that.
4. Jim Duggan came down to the ring to save a jobber from a post match attack by Earthquake. Duggan hits Quake with the 2×4 a couple of times and plays to the crowd.
5. Rick Rude is back with another training video for his match with Warrior at some point. Bobby Heenan thinks it’s all over for Warrior. Rude is punching a bag and tells Warrior that the training hasn’t been easy. He knows all men are not created equal and recalls beating Warrior for a championship and it’s going to happen again. He is going to take the title and break Warrior like a stallion.
It was a good episode this time around. The featured bout wasn’t too bad and the segment involving Brother Love was a fine one. There was a lot of angle developments and that’s all you can ask for on Superstars in this era. A good, productive episode for the WWF.
Thanks for reading.
Bob Colling Jr. View All
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.
Leave a Reply