Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Tucson, AZ
1.)The Headshrinkers defeated Scott Bazo & Bob Young
2.)Virgil defeated the White Shadow
3.)Mr. Perfect fought Doink the Clown to a draw in a KOTR Qualifying Match
4.)Typhoon defeated Larry Ludden
5.)Lex Luger fought Terry Zeller to a no contest
1. The show opens this week with Raymond Rougeau conducting an interview with Paul Bearer and the Undertaker. Rougeau notes that the Undertaker is literally unstoppable and Bearer agrees with that. He also says that Taker is the most powerful man who walks on the face of the Earth. Taker will be heading for the Giant Gonzalez. Taker speaks and says that he has grown tired of Gonzalez trying to destroy what can’t be destroyed. He will draw power from the living to beat Gonzalez. Taker wants Gonzalez to meet him in his element. That would be the dark side where Gonzalez will be made to suffer.
2. There is another video promoting the Smoking Gunns coming to the WWF. They are coming to the WWF to look for some tag team excitement. When the smoke clears, they will go down one, two, three.
3. Bret Hart is the number one seed in the King of the Ring tournament! He is working his way back to the top and he will go through the tournament to do just that. Oh, and WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan will defend against Yokozuna at the King of the Ring.
4. Doink attacks Perfect on the floor before the bell and rams Perfect face first into the ring steps a couple of times. Doink misses a knee drop in the ring and Perfect begins to work over Doink’s left knee. Perfect sends Doink to the floor following a chop. Doink is rammed face first into the ring steps. Doink is just being manhandled by Perfect. Moments later, Perfect misses Doink on the floor and hits the ring post. Doink leaps off the top rope and jumps down onto Perfect. Doink continues to have control with a snap suplex. Doink hits a double axe handle off the top rope. Perfect tries to pin Doink several times but isn’t able to keep Doink down long enough. Perfect hits the Perfect Plex but the bell sounds and apparently there has been a draw.
5. We hear from Bam-Bam Bigelow during the WWF Update segment. Bigelow is mad that Tatanka attacked him from behind and he laughs about having his hair. Tatanka chimes in and he is very upset over his hair being cut by Bigelow. Tatanka has a fire inside of him that will burn until he gets his revenge!
An average episode of Superstars this week. The Perfect/Doink match was okay, but the time limit draw was dumb since it ended at around seven minutes. Either that was poor timing for dumb booking. All that being said, it was a fine episode of Superstars. It’s hard for me to hate Superstars when they have a featured match.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.