Rebooking The WWF: Week 5, 1993
A rematch from the Royal Rumble takes place on RAW. Razor Ramon makes a statement. Plus, much more!
WWF RAW 2/1/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Jim Duggan in 6:13 following a top rope flying head butt.
2. Ric Flair/Mr. Perfect Confrontation: Vince McMahon originally started off the segment with the 1993 Royal Rumble winner Mr. Perfect, where Perfect talked about achieving his goal of winning the most prestigious battle royal in all of wrestling. Perfect also bragged about eliminating his former friend, Ric Flair to win the Royal Rumble and how he loves to see Ric Flair jealous of Perfect. McMahon ends up bringing up WWF World Champion and how the last time Perfect wrestled Bret Hart, he lost. Perfect doesn’t want to make excuses but back at Summer Slam 1991, he was suffering from a major back injury. Perfect says he is 100% healthy and knows that he can beat Bret Hart. Before the interview can end, Ric Flair marches down to the ring and was clearly pissed off. Flair yanks the microphone away from McMahon and begins to scream that he is better than Mr. Perfect. Flair doesn’t care what happened at the Royal Rumble, Perfect has never pinned or made Flair submit. Flair knows that he is the uncrown Royal Rumble winner and demand that Perfect step up and be a man to try and beat THE MAN. Perfect laughs but is slapped by Flair who says this isn’t funny. Flair gets right in Perfect’s face and tells Perfect that he can’t beat him. Flair insults Perfect by saying that Perfect was his manager. Perfect played second fiddle to him. Perfect isn’t smiling anymore. McMahon tries to settle Perfect down as Perfect is clearly getting aggravated. Perfect grabs the microphone and says “You know what nature boy, you want me, you want my title shot at Wrestle Mania IX, you got it! On February 20th, at Saturday Night Main Event we are going to see who the better man truly is!” Flair and Perfect have a heated stare down to end the segment.
3. Crush defeated Barry Hardy in 2:34 with the Kona Vice.
4. Steiner Brothers defeated Russ Greenberg/PJ Walker in 1:04 when Scott pinned Walker.
5. Tatanka Interview: Vince McMahon conducted another interview this week, this time with Tatanka. Tatanka’s focus is on the evil clown Doink. Tatanka has never been disrespected so much by one person. Tatanka assures the fans that Doink will regret burning his head dress.
6. Randy Savage defeated Skinner in 3:58 following a top rope elbow drop. After the match, Randy Savage is attacked by Razor Ramon, who came through the crowd. Ramon ended up driving Savage down on the floor with a Razors Edge to close out the show.
WWF Superstars 2/6/1993
1. Marty Jannetty defeated Terry Taylor in 7:38 following the Rocker Dropper.
2. Razor Ramon Interview: Mean Gene conducted the interview with Ramon, who viciously attacked Randy Savage on RAW. Ramon tells Gene that he isn’t going to sit by and allow a washed up, has been like Randy Savage continue to keep a spot that belongs to Razor Ramon. Ramon would challenge Savage to a match but doesn’t believe Savage will be healthy enough to compete considering of the recent unfortunate injury he suffered, which Ramon couldn’t help but laugh at. Gene tells Ramon that Savage will be coming after him. Ramon finishes the segment off by telling the Macho Man to bring it on. Ramon will be more than ready for him.
3. Kamala defeated Duane Gill in 1:04 following a big splash.
4. Beverly Brothers defeated Scott Taylor/Jim Powers in 3:12 when Beau pinned Taylor.
5. Nasty Boys Interview: Vince McMahon conducted a interview with the Nasty Boys. Knobbs says that next weeks RAW they have been given a non-title match with Money Inc., which if they win they will finally get a tag title match. Saggs says that on Monday, Money Inc. are going to be visiting Pity City and their belts will be going to Nastyville with them sooner rather than later!
6. Mr. Perfect defeated Barry Horowitz in 2:14 following the Perfect Plex.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 2/7/1993
1. Big Bossman defeated Papa Shango in 5:04 following a side walk slam.
2. Shawn Michaels Interview: Vince McMahon interview the WWF Intercontinental Champion who is not happy about having to wrestle Marty Jannetty on February 20th inside a steel cage. Michaels doesn’t want his face to get sliced up and bruised. Michaels knows that Jannetty doesn’t care about that because Jannetty was born with a face only his mother could love! McMahon asks if Michaels is afraid of Jannetty inside a cage? Michaels assures McMahon that he isn’t. Michaels has beaten Jannetty before and on February 20th he will do it again and once and for all show the world that Shawn Michaels is better than Marty Jannetty!
3. Owen Hart defeated Louie Spicolli in 2:12 following a missile dropkick.
4. Razor Ramon defeated Mike Sharpe in 1:35 following the Razors Edge.
5. Bret Hart Interview: Mean Gene interviewed the WWF World Champion Bret Hart. Gene asks Hart who he would rather wrestle at Wrestle Mania IX, Mr. Perfect or Ric Flair. Hart says he would like to wrestle Mr. Perfect considering Perfect actually won the match to earn a title shot while Flair is just crying over not being as good as Perfect. However, Hart doesn’t make the rules and tells Gene that he will beat either Perfect or Flair at Wrestle Mania IX. Hart is a fighting champion and will not back down from anyone. Because, Hart is the “best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be!”
6. Yokozuna defeated Joey Maggs/Mike Bell in a handicap match in 1:06 following a double Banzai Drop.