Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Rochester, NY
1.)Kwang defeated Tony Outter
2.)Mabel defeated Quebecer Pierre to qualify for the 1994 King of the Ring Tournament
3.)Doink the Clown defeated Major Yates
4.)Earthquake defeated AC Conner
5.)Nikolai Volkoff defeated Duane Gill
6.)Tatanka defeated Gus Kantarakis
1. WWF World Champion Bret Hart comes to be interviewed by Vince McMahon and gets pyro for the occasion. McMahon notes that WWF Intercontinental Champion Diesel issued a challenge to Bret Hart. But, first Bret Hart will be wrestling his brother Owen Hart during the house show tour. Bret says that his mother thinks that Owen was born bad with a desire to be god. The opposite holds true for Bret Hart. Bret looks forward to wrestling Owen Hart and they will find out who the best is. Vince asks if Bret will accept the challenge made by Diesel. Of course Bret says he will. McMahon asks how will the champ counter Diesel’s offense. Bret knows what Diesel is thinking. He thinks Diesel is walking around thinking he is unbeatable. Bret is going to bring Diesel down to his knees and then onto his back. Bret will put the Sharpshooter on Diesel.
2. The match between Mabel and Pierre has a stipulation of no managers being allowed at ringside. Pierre attacks Mabel before the bell and stomps away on the big man in the corner. Pierre hits a missile dropkick off the top but Mabel kicks out at two. Mabel slams Pierre off the top rope. Mabel scoop slams Pierre and leaps off the middle rope only to miss a big splash. Pierre hits a top rope leg drop but can’t put Mabel away. Pierre fails on a scoop slam and Mabel nearly pins Pierre after landing on top of him. Mabel plants Pierre with a side walk slam and wins the match. (** A rather quick match, but they put some decent action there. For a match that had less than three minutes of action, I felt like it was a fine encounter.
3. Outside the arena, Ted DiBiase is sitting in his limo and demands that Nikolai Volkoff open his door. Volkoff opens the door but is angry for having to do so. DiBiase yells at Volkoff for not obeying his orders.
4. Duke Droese had another hype video for his debut. Droese does a trick shot with a trash can to get it into a dumpster. That was just silly.
5. Jeff Jarrett comes out to be interviewed by Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler. Jarrett says that Lawler is the king of the WWF. Jarrett tells us that Luger will find out that he is better and smarter than Luger. They will be wrestling next week to qualify for the 1994 King of the Ring.
It was an okay episode this week, I thought. The featured match was okay, but nothing special and the main interview segment did a nice job of promoting Bret’s upcoming battles with Owen and Diesel for the next few months. So, it was a productive episode this week.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.