Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Wilkes-Barrie, PA
1.)IRS defeated Doink the Clown
2.)the 1-2-3 Kid defeated Reno Riggins
3.)The Heavenly Bodies defeated Two unknown jobbers
4.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Mike Moraldo
5.)the Smoking Gunns defeated The Executioners
6.)Jim Neidhart defeated Todd Mata
1. Jim Ross is back on commentary after five months of being off of television. This would mark the first time that Ross and Jerry Lawler would work on commentary together.
2. Doink opens the match with a shoulder block and a couple of scoop slams. IRS is knocked to the floor followed by a dropkick from Doink. On the floor, IRS stalks towards Dink who is mocking him. Doink gets a near fall with a sunset flip. IRS gets the upper hand with an elbow strike and slows the match down as per usual. Doink gets out of a head lock by ramming Irwin into the top turnbuckle and nails IRS with a clothesline. Doink nearly wins following a snap suplex moments later. Doink runs into a back elbow and IRS tries to get his briefcase but Dink steals it. IRS gets it back but Doink comes off the apron to deliver a double axe handle. Dink brings the briefcase under the ring. Doink gets a two count with a belly to belly suplex! IRS gets the win with an inside cradle out of nowhere. Dink rolls the briefcase back into the ring and IRS decides to open it. IRS opens it and there is a mini explosion! It was very minor. (*. It was rather obvious that IRS was going to win this since he has a major feud with Tatanka going on, but the action wasn’t too bad. IRS is just really boring when it comes to offense and it shows a lot in a singles role.)
3. We hear comments from Ted DiBiase backstage regarding his recruitment to get Bam-Bam Bigelow. DiBiase puts over his Corporation as being a strong force. DiBiase is setting his sights on Lex Luger to be part of his group!
4. The Heartbreak Hotel with Shawn Michaels is back this week and inside of being on a podium they are in the ring. Michaels says that his guest has to be a lonely fellow and his heart has been broken. Michaels introduces the former manager of the Undertaker, Paul Bearer! Michaels talks about how one man was able to find the Undertaker and that man wasn’t Bearer but instead Ted DiBiase. Bearer wants Shawn and DiBiase to understand that he has regained contact with his Undertaker! Paul has not spoken to the Undertaker but instead he has had contact with the Undertaker! Next week, the Undertaker will be in action next week against Tatanka. Bearer says Michaels is right and says he will get a first hand look at the Undertaker with DiBiase. Michaels doesn’t believe that Bearer has talked to the Undertaker. So, the lights go out and we hear a gong. Bearer freaks out and says that is his Undertaker!
5. Ted DiBiase closes the show by saying that next week Tatanka’s rise in the WWF will come to an end when he meets the Undertaker!
A below average episode of Superstars this week. The interview with Bearer wasn’t all that good as Michaels repeated himself quite a bit and that took away from the promo. The whole angle is just losing steam quickly for me. Plus, the featured match wasn’t good enough to hold my interest. So, this gets a thumbs down from me.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.