Rebooking The WWF: Week 7, 1994
This week features a special Boston Gardens live event.
WWF RAW 2/14/1994
1. WWF World Tag Team Champions The Steiner Brothers defeated Duane Gill & Scott Taylor in 3:10 when Scott pinned Gill. During the match, Shawn Michaels and Diesel shared some pre-tape thoughts. Michaels revealed that next week on RAW they will be in tag team action against one the toughest tag teams in the WWF, the Nasty Boys. Michaels says they will get their title shot at Mania, even if that means going through every tag team!
2. Kings Court w/ Jerry Lawler: Lawler starts off welcoming all the idiot fans to the Kings Court. He says that backstage there has been a special locker room designated for Roddy Piper. Apparently, Piper has decided to come on the show! Lawler introduces the kilt wearing Piper to the ring. Piper’s music hits and after a few moments, a midget comes out wearing a skirt, and has a comically big nose attached to his face. The smaller Piper grabs a microphone and uses his old line “I came out here to chew bubble gum and kick butt… and I’m all out of bubble gum.” Lawler tells him to calm down and says that they are hear to have a civilized conversation. Lawler calls the man a coward and a cheat for what he did to him at the Rumble. Lawler tells him that Kings Court is better than Pipers Pit and it’s not even close. The midget Piper is fuming and tells Lawler to “put them up”. He wants to fight! Lawler reaches into his tights to get some bubble gum pieces. He ends up dropping them and as the smaller Piper bends down to get them, Lawler plants him with a pile driver! Lawler proceeds to cover “Piper” and counts the fall. Lawler brags about his “victory” and says that Piper will never show his face in the WWF ever again!
3. Yokozuna defeated Craig Stevenson in 1:22 following the Bonzai Drop. After the match, Randy Savage ran out to get his hands on Yokozuna. Savage actually managed to knock Yoko to the floor. Yoko was held back by Crush and the Quebecers, who had came out to hold him back.
4. Mr. Perfect/Jeff Jarrett Confrontation: Vince McMahon is standing in the ring when he introduces Mr. Perfect for an interview. Perfect is greeted with a warm reception. Before he can evens say a word, Jeff Jarrett and Scott Norton make their way out. Jarrett gets in the ring and tells McMahon and Perfect that no one wants to hear a loser talk. Jarrett talks down to Perfect saying that he shouldn’t be a top priority and probably shouldn’t even bother wrestling anymore. Jarrett says that 1994 is his year and he is making it his mission to get Mr. Perfect out of here. Perfect chimes in to say that Jarrett does a lot of talking, but he hasn’t done anything to prove it. Perfect wants Jarrett to stop talking and try to take him out! Jarrett gets in Perfect’s face and says he wants to embarrass Perfect on the grandest stage in the WWF. “I want to see my name on the marquee, I want 20,000 people to hear my name as the victor. I want to end you at WrestleMania X.” Perfect doesn’t wait a second and quickly accepts the challenge. He finishes off telling Jarrett to be careful what he wishes for. Perfect even spits his gum at Norton before leaving the ring. Jarrett had to hold Norton back from going at Perfect.
5. Marty Jannetty defeated Steve Thomas in 2:05 following the Rocker Dropper.
6. British Bulldog Video: A video promoting the British Bulldog is aired. Several highlights from a few years ago were shown to really drive home how powerful Bulldog is. At the end of the video, it is revealed that Bulldog will be competing in action… next week on Superstars!
7.Ludvig Borga defeated Razor Ramon in 8:16 after Bam-Bam Bigelow nailed Ramon with his own gold jewelry.
Next week on RAW: Shawn Michaels and Diesel will be in tag action against the Nasty Boys. Will they prove to the Steiner Brothers that they are a threat? Also, Hulk Hogan will make his first ever RAW appearance… LIVE!
WWF Superstars 2/19/1994
1.The Smoking Gunns defeated Barry Hardy/Tim Williams in 2:55 when Billy pinned Hardy.
2. Owen Hart Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Owen Hart. Ross wants to know about his thoughts on Chris Benoit viciously attacking him last week. Owen doesn’t know what has gotten into Benoit, but he isn’t the same guy he used to know. Owen believes that Benoit is coward and heartless at the same time. Owen says that if Benoit thinks he is going to come into the WWF and prove that he is best to come out of the Hart Family, he will need to wrestle him first. Owen issues a one on one challenge for Benoit. “If you want to take credit for beating the best, you’re going to have to go through me.” Owen wants Benoit to man up and face him like a man!
3. Crush defeated Jeremy Dunn in 2:10 with the Kona Vice. During the match, pre-tape comments from Randy Savage and Tatanka were aired. Savage said that next week they will take care of Camp Cornette and things could get ugly! Tatanka chimes in saying that will “crush the competition.”
4. IRS defeated Willie Anderson in 3:03 following a lariat.
5.Lex Luger Interview: Vince McMahon conducts an interview with the WWF World Champion, Lex Luger. McMahon brings up how Luger will be defending the championship against the Undertaker at WrestleMania X. Luger isn’t afraid of death. He isn’t afraid of the dark, and he certainly isn’t afraid of the Undertaker. Luger says that no one gave him credit for his dominance as champion. No one thought he would knock out Bret Hart. Everyone thought that Mr. Perfect would realize his lifelong dream of winning the WWF World Championship, but Luger made sure that didn’t happen. Luger believes he can’t be beaten. Luger says that the Undertaker will rest in peace at WrestleMania X!
6.The Quebecers defeated Eric Houston/Dustin Erickson in 3:05 when Pierre pinned Houston.
7. Ron Simmons defeated WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel in a non-title match in 10:33 after hitting a spine buster. After the match, Simmons poses with the championship while Martel and Tamara are left worried on the aisle way.
Next week on Superstars: Randy Savage and Tatanka team up to take on Yokozuna and Crush in a huge tag team match! Also, the British Bulldog will be in singles action!
WWF Wrestling Challenge 2/20/1994
1. Jeff Jarrett defeated Tony Simpson in 2:44 following a jumping DDT.
2. Razor Ramon Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Razor Ramon regarding Bam-Bam Bigelow. Ramon made it clear that he isn’t afraid of any fight and if Bigelow thinks he is going to back down, he has another thing coming. Ramon is more than willing to show Bigelow that he isn’t a joke nor is he fake, and he will do that by kicking his “flamed covered, bald head all over Madison Square Garden at WrestleMania X chico!” Ross pondered out loud to see if Bigelow would accept the challenge!
3.Jerry Lawler defeated Karl Diamond in 3:06 following a pile driver.
4.Chris Benoit defeated Luke James in 2:47 with the Crossface.
5.Jim Cornette Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Jim Cornette regarding the tag match next week on Superstars involving Yokozuna and Crush. Cornette tells us that his men are never going to get tired of beating up Randy Savage and Tatanka. He believes that next week on Superstars, Yokozuna and Crush will leave Tatanka and Savage laying in the ring while all the fans are left to cry at the destruction!
6.The Undertaker defeated Samu in 5:26 following a tombstone pile driver. During the match, WWF World Champion Lex Luger called in to say that he will not fall victim to the tombstone and the WWF World Championship will be his for as long as he lives!
Next week on Wrestling Challenge: Mr. Perfect will be in action against Jimmy Del Ray.
World Wrestling Federation House Show
From: Boston, MA
Announcers: Gorilla Monsoon & Bobby Heenan
Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan welcome everyone to the Boston Garden arena for the first WWF house show at the venue to be televised in several years! Monsoon wastes no time promoting what we will see on the show. The British Bulldog will be in action against IRS. In a huge six man tag team match, the WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers team with Razor Ramon to square off against Diesel, Shawn Michaels and Bam-Bam Bigelow! Rick Martel will be in action as. We will also see Yokozuna in action against Randy Savage! Lastly, the main event tonight will see WWF World Champion Lex Luger team up with Jeff Jarrett to battle the Undertaker and Mr. Perfect! Let’s go to the ring for some action!
Opening Contest: Scott Norton vs. The Kamikaze Kid: Obviously there was an enormous size difference here. Kid tried to get the early advantage on Norton by delivering several kicks but Norton wasn’t fazed. Norton caught Kid as he came off the ropes looking for a cross body and hit a powerslam. Late in the match, Kid avoided a splash in the corner before going to the top rope for a moonsault. Norton managed to catch Kid in midair and hit a shoulder breaker to pick up the convincing win! (Norton def. Kid, 5:20, **)
Backstage, Mean Gene conducted an interview with the recently returned British Bulldog. Gene brought up the issue between Bret Hart and Ted DiBiase. Bulldog tells Gene that IRS is guilty by association for what is going on with his family and his wife Diane. Bulldog plans on ripping through IRS tonight!
Second Contest: IRS vs. British Bulldog: Bulldog opened the bout with some serious offense hitting IRS with several clotheslines and a gorilla press slam. IRS bailed to the floor but returned to get the cheap advantage when Bulldog was playing to the crowd. IRS kept control of the bout with mat wrestling and worked on Bulldog’s knee for several minutes. IRS missed a middle rope knee drop and Bulldog was able to soon hit a running powerslam to win the match. (Bulldog def. IRS, 7:13, *1/2)
Third Contest: Men on a Mission vs. The Heavenly Bodies: Mabel started the match hitting Pritchard and Del Ray with clotheslines and big splashes in the corner. Mo even got some offense in hitting a top rope cross body onto Del Ray. Mo was worked on by the Heavenly Bodies for a few moments as Mabel was left on the apron. Del Ray nearly beat the new team after hitting a top rope leg drop but Mo was able to kick out just before three. Mo broke free from Pritchard, who was then dropkicked by Del Ray on accident. Mabel got the tag and cleaned house sending Pritchard to the floor. Mabel slammed Del Ray before hitting a big splash to win the match! (Men on a Mission def. Heavenly Bodies, 7:45, **1/4)
Backstage, Mean Gene is standing with Diesel, Shawn Michaels and Bam-Bam Bigelow. Michaels tells Gene that tonight they are going to make sure their opponents for WrestleMania don’t even make it there! Michaels says that when they take the champs out tonight they will be handed the championships as a result. Bigelow chimes in to say that he is going to embarrass Ramon and him packing back to Miami to be with his other phony friends!
Fourth Contest: Diesel, Shawn Michaels & Bam-Bam Bigelow vs. WWF World Tag Team Champions the Steiner Brothers & Razor Ramon: Rick Steiner and Shawn Michaels opened the match with Rick getting the better of the exchange hitting an overhead belly to belly suplex. Diesel got involved in the match and nailed Rick with a big boot right in the face. Diesel maintained the advantage with a side slam but couldn’t put Rick away. Rick avoided Diesel in the corner and hit a middle rope clothesline to knock the big man off his feet. Rick managed to tag in Ramon who hammered away on Diesel and knocked both Michaels and Bigelow off the apron. Diesel missed a big boot in the corner and was nearly rolled up by Ramon. Diesel soon delivered a snake eyes in the corner and Bigelow entered to work on Ramon for a few moments. Bigelow delivered several falling head butts and middle rope senton splash for a near fall. Ramon was able to crotch Bigelow on the top rope and hit a superplex to change the momentum for his team. Scott Steiner and Shawn Michaels ended in the ring as the other four men brawled on the floor. Scott was able to block a super kick attempt and hit a double under hook power bomb to earn the win for his team! (Steiner Bros & Ramon def. Diesel, HBK & Bigelow, 13:03, ***1/4)
Backstage, Mean Gene is with Owen Hart. Owen talks about how he has been by his brothers side during his issues with DiBiase and says that he is out for a measure of his own revenge. “Nobody disrespects the Hart Family and gets away with it!”
Fifth Contest: Owen Hart vs. Ted DiBiase: Owen used his speed advantage to work on DiBiase early on hitting a spinning heel kick in the opening moments of the contest. Owen missed a spear in the corner and hit the ring post and DiBiase delivered a back suplex to gain the momentum. DiBiase kept control with a falling fist drop and a back breaker before hitting a swinging neck breaker for a near fall. Owen tried to fight back but missed a missile dropkick and DiBiase locked in the Million Dollar Dream to win the bout. (Ted DiBiase def. Owen Hart, 6:38, ***)
Sixth Contest: WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel vs. Marty Jannetty: Martel stalled for a few minutes on the floor as Jannetty got restless. Jannetty ended up hitting a slingshot cross body to finally get his hands on Martel. Jannetty looked to leap off the top rope after sending Martel into the ring but Tamara holds his leg and allowed Martel to drop Jannetty throat first across the top rope. Martel kept control with a snap suplex and a gut buster. Jannetty made a brief comeback with a DDT and a middle rope fist drop but couldn’t put Martel away. Martel avoided a splash in the corner and rolled Jannetty up using the ropes for leverage to win the match. (Martel def. Jannetty, 7:56, **1/4)
Backstage, Mean Gene is with Randy Savage. Savage talks about his upcoming match against the mighty Yokozuna. Savage said tonight he is going to slam Yokozuna through the canvas and send Yoko back to Japan because the United States always wins! Savage leaves the scene but is still heard yelling in the background.
Seventh Contest: Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna: Savage ran into the ring and ducked a clothesline to jab Yokozuna several times. Savage came off the ropes and knee lifted Yokozuna through the middle rope to the floor in the opening moments to get the fans riled up! Cornette is calming down Yokozuna who is flipping out on the floor. He gets back in the ring and after absorbing a few more right hands is able to club Savage over the back to gain the advantage. Yokozuna slams Savage but misses a leg drop off the ropes. Savage heads to the top rope and looks for a double ax handle, and connects for a two count! Savage argues with the referee in the corner and is promptly splashed by Yokozuna! Yokozuna grabs Savage and followed up with a belly to belly suplex! Yokozuna delivered a leg drop and didn’t waste any time to hit the Bonzai Drop, which was good enough for the win. (Yokozuna def. Savage, 6:22, **1/2).
Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan talk about the main event coming up next. Heenan believes that Luger is going to prove that he isn’t afraid of the Undertaker tonight and show the world that their isn’t a challenger for his championship. Also, he thinks that Jarrett is going to make Perfect retire all tonight! Monsoon thinks Heenan is being ridiculous and believes that the Undertaker is going to put Luger six feet under tonight and Perfect will prove he is far from being done!
Main Event: WWF World Champion Lex Luger & Jeff Jarrett vs. The Undertaker & Mr. Perfect: Perfect started the match, and after a few moments, Jarrett decided to enter the ring. Perfect took Jarrett down with a hip toss, arm drag and a dropkick sending Jarrett to the floor. Jarrett rolled back in but it much of the same. Perfect backed Jarrett into a corner but is poked in the eyes by Jarrett while the referee had his back turned. Jarrett connected with a swinging neck breaker for a two count. Jarrett tagged in Luger who worked on Perfect with a delayed vertical suplex Luger scoop slams Perfect and hits an elbow drop several times. Luger set Perfect up for a superplex and connected with it for a two count! Perfect comes off the ropes and ducks under a forearm shot to hit Luger with a knee lift and a quick scoop slam. After a few moments, Perfect was able to crawl to the corner towards the Undertaker. Luger realized what was going in and snuck a tag in to Jarrett who quickly entered to try and stop Perfect. Taker got the tag and hammered away on Jarrett while Luger grabbed his championship and walked to the backstage area. Undertaker looks to hit a choke slam on Jarrett, but Scott Norton runs out and attacks Taker to cause the disqualification. After the match, Taker is double teamed until Perfect enters with a chair and whacks Norton over the back causing both men to bail to the floor. Taker sits up moments later and along with Perfect stalk towards Jarrett and Norton to close the show! (Taker & Perfect def. Luger & Jarrett by DQ, 9:16, **1/2)