WWF RAW 1/23/1995
1. Owen Hart defeated The Brooklyn Brawler in 2:40 with the Sharpshooter. After the match, Owen Hart was interviewed by Jim Ross and was overly pumped up bragging about defeating his brother Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble last night. Owen proclaimed to be the best Hart and that it is his time to shine in the WWF.
2. Kings Court w/Diesel: Jerry Lawler welcomes us to the Kings Court, but he isn’t thrilled about his guest, the man who won the Royal Rumble match last night. That’s right, his guest tonight is the number one contender to King Yokozuna’s WWF World Championship, Diesel! Diesel makes his way down to the ring fist pumping fans before stepping over the top rope and joining Lawler in the ring. Lawler tells Diesel that he got lucky last night since Lawler had hurt himself just moments before getting involved as he tweaked his back and he could have thrown out everyone if he was healthy enough. Lawler says that Diesel has the opportunity of a lifetime to main event WrestleMania XI for the WWF World Championship, but he believes that Diesel will run out of fuel when it comes to defeating a champion like King Yokozuna. Diesel chuckles at Lawler saying that he is living a dream and nothing is going to get in his way. He knows that Yokozuna is a big man, but every man takes the Jackknife. Diesel is hungry for the gold and Yokozuna has the one that he wants, and what Diesel wants, he always gets. WrestleMania XI is the beginning of the era of Diesel and Big Daddy Cool is going to bring the WWF to the greatest heights, surpassing even the glory years of Hulkamania, brother. Lawler calls Diesel one cocky, delusional human being. Lawler even suggests that if he were healthy he would knock Diesel down a beg. Diesel gets in Lawler’s face and suggests that Lawler do something about it. Lawler backs off and Diesel proclaims that at WrestleMania XI, Big Daddy Cool is going to be the WWF World Champion, and everyone is going to have to accept that. King Yokozuna, you’ve had a good run, but the run ends here. As Diesel goes to walk away, Lawler attempts to cheap shot Diesel but Diesel turns around in time to scare Lawler out of the ring. Lawler runs up the aisle way while Diesel plays to the fans and signals for the gold coming around his waist.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Mark Murphy in 2:33 following the Razors Edge. During the match, Jeff Jarrett shared some pre-tape comments saying that Ramon was oozing nothing but being a coward since Ramon hasn’t stepped in the ring with Double J. Ramon may have beaten Arn Anderson a few weeks ago but Ramon won’t be able to defeat the greatest star out of Tennessee, “Double J” Jeff Jarrett, and you can count on that.
4. Hakushi Vignette: A video promoting the debut of the greatest Japanese warrior is aired. Hakushi will make his debut next week on RAW.
5. Ron Simmons Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Ron Simmons, the leader of the Movement. Ross mentions that Simmons came ever so close to winning the Royal Rumble but came up just a little bit short. Simmons is annoyed with the mentioning of his failure. Simmons says that he let down Tatanka and Carlos Vega with his screw job result last night, but they remain with him on the Movement and he is confident that the WWF World Championship will be his in short time. Simmons believes he shouldn’t have been in the Royal Rumble match to begin with and should have gotten a WWF World Championship match instead of Hulk Hogan. “Why would Hulk Hogan get a title shot? I’ve been dominating the WWF and putting people on notice while Hogan just waved the American flag.” He notes that Hogan got destroyed and yet the fans continue to love him. Hogan continues to get top spots on the card, the main events that Simmons himself deserves. Simmons tells Ross that he is a main event guy, that he is a World Champion and he is demanding to be treated as such. Simmons says that the Movement is surpassing Hulkamania and Simmons is issuing a challenge to Hulk Hogan. “I’m tired of Hogan getting the spotlight and it is time that I dim the light on his career. It’s time for the Movement to get recognition and that recognition will be the group that ended Hulkamania once and for all.”
6. Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Mark Starr in 2:13 following a Pedigree. After the match, Helmsley delivered another Pedigree on Starr after yelling “this is for you Perfect.” Helmsley is determined to get his hands on Perfect.
7. The British Bulldog defeated Frank Reynolds in 1:44 following a running power slam. After the match, Chris Benoit appeared on the aisle way looking down at the ring with a smug look on his face.
8. Psycho Sid & Ted DiBiase Interview: Ted DiBiase and Psycho Sid shared some pre-tape comments regarding the Royal Rumble and how it’s not much of a concern that Sid wasn’t able to win the Rumble. DiBiase says that with his money he can get Sid in any main event at any point in time. Sid is pissed and DiBiase says that next week they will be offering an open challenge to anyone that thinks they can handle Psycho Sid.
9. Lex Luger/Shawn Michaels Confrontation: Jim Ross introduces Lex Luger who comes out wearing a cape and his Phantom of the Opera type mask since his apparent facial injury thanks to Diesel last year. Luger remembers a time when he was the face of the WWF as the WWF World Champion with his face all over the posters and now ever since Diesel destroyed his face, the WWF doesn’t promote him and he isn’t even in the running for the WWF World Championship. Luger believes that Diesel has ruined his career and life and now is the number one contender. Luger tells Ross that even with his injuries (which are all in his head, he is fine), he is still the most attractive man in the business and should be the face of the WWF. At that moment, Shawn Michaels’ music hits and out walks the Heartbreak Kid. Michaels mocks Luger for his crying and says that in order to be at the top you have to be the best in this business and his buddy Diesel proved that last night at the Royal Rumble. Michaels says its just a matter of time before he gets his moment, but the moment for Luger has passed him by and its nothing but downhill from here. Michaels notes that Luger is a former champion and he is the future champion. Luger asks who Michaels thinks he is. Luger says he deserves much more respect than this and should be applauded for coming back from a career threatening facial injury. Luger isn’t going to allow Michaels to speak to him like that. Michaels asks what he is going to do then? Luger acts like he is going to walk away but as Michaels and Ross turn their back, Luger comes off the ropes and decks Michaels with running forearm to the back of the head. Luger grabs Michaels and puts the Torture Rack leaving Michaels lifeless before dropping him down. Luger gets the microphone and says that Michaels will find out firsthand that Lex Luger isn’t over the hill and has just begun.
10. Duke Droese defeated IRS in 4:07 by disqualification when IRS hit Droese with his steel briefcase.
11. Scott Steiner Interview: Vince McMahon brings out Scott Steiner for an interview regarding his championship loss to Rick Steiner at the Royal Rumble last night. Scott says he worked hard while Rick was injured to win a singles championship only for his brother to get jealous and cheat his way to take it away from him. Scott says that it’s hardly over between himself and his brother and if Rick wants to cheat, then he wants a match where cheating is encouraged. He wants a rematch with Rick Steiner and wants it to be a no holds barred street fight. Scott wants his brother to prove that he isn’t afraid of him when it comes to their being no way to hide and cheat his way to victory.
12. Randy Savage defeated Arn Anderson in 10:52 following an elbow drop. After the match, Bam-Bam Bigelow attacked Savage hitting a top rope diving head butt after delivering a DDT. The Smoking Gunns ran down to the ring to chase off Bigelow.
13. The Undertaker & Paul Bearer Interview: Paul Bearer and the Undertaker are at a cemetery where Paul Bearer praises the Undertaker for his destruction of Scott Norton last night at the Royal Rumble. Now, they have a new target and that is the leader of the Dynasty, Ric Flair, who decided to attack the Undertaker following the bout. Bearer tells the Nature Boy that there is nowhere to hide as the Undertaker shall find him and put him out to pasture, just as he had done with Scott Norton. Undertaker chimes in and says that Flair glamorous lifestyle will meet and gloomy demise when they meet in the ring. It’s time for the nature boy to meet his maker, and he shall rest in peace.”
14. WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Steiner defeated Marty Jannetty in 8:36 following a bulldog from the middle rope. After the match, Scott Steiner attempted to get to the ring but officials held him back while Rick taunted Scott with the championship.
WWF Superstars 1/28/1995
1. WWF World Tag Team Champions Tatanka & Carlos Vega defeated Chris Kanyon & Scott Taylor in 3:54 when Vega pinned Kanyon after a spinning heel kick.
2. Scott Norton defeated Bob Holly in 4:06 following a shoulder breaker.
3. Doink the Clown defeated Jacob Bryant in 2:15 following the Whoopee Cushion.
4. Mr. Perfect defeated Drew Johnson in 2:14 following the Perfect Plex.
5. Bret Hart defeated Mark Coleman in 2:40 with the Sharpshooter.