Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents RAW
From: Green Bay, WI
1.) WWF Intercontinental Champion Ahmed Johnson defeated Bart Gunn to retain the title
2.) Marc Mero defeated TL Hopper
3.) WWF World Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Billy Gunn to retain the title
1. Earlier tonight Vader, Bulldog and Owen welcomed Ahmed Johnson and Shawn Michaels into the building while officials prevented anything from happening.
2. The WWF Intercontinental Championship is on the line with Ahmed defending against Bart Gunn. Bart gets the upper hand with an arm drag. Ahmed comes back with a few of his own. Bart drops Ahmed with a short arm clothesline. Bart drops Ahmed arm first across the top rope and wraps Ahmed’s arm around a ring post. Ahmed battles back with head butts and a shoulder ram but misses a spear in the corner. Ahmed power slams Bart but the fans are really bored with this. Bart gets a two count following a bulldog. Bart leaps off the top to hit a second bulldog but Ahmed powers out at two again. Ahmed soon drops Bart with a spine buster and gets a pin fall after the Pearl River Plunge.
3. Backstage, Shawn Michaels talks about having to worry about keeping the gold. He thinks that he can trust Sid, just like he could in 1995, right?
4. As Marc Mero comes down to the ring an usher hands Sable a gift from Goldust. Mero tosses the gift away. Mero competed against plumber TL Hopper and thankfully won following a hard left hook.
5. Backstage, Jim Cornette says they are here to hype up the pay per view this Sunday. Cornette says they got the upper hand taking Warrior out last week. He says that Vader is the only man to beat Ahmed. Bulldog almost beat Michaels for the championship and Owen caused Michaels to be a cripple! They will have a surprise of their own at the event.
6. A video promoting the Undertaker is aired. The video also hypes up Mankind. It’s actually a neat little video.
7. Billy Gunn goes for the WWF World Championship when he takes on Shawn Michaels. Billy drops Michaels with a shoulder block early on. Michaels tosses Billy over the top to the floor and kisses Sunny. Billy avoids a super kick and bails to the floor. Billy comes back with a Fame-Asser but only gets a two count. Michaels drives Gunn groin first into the post and hit’s a slingshot clothesline from the apron. Gunn power slams Michaels off the top and sends him to the floor. Billy soon puts Michaels in the tree of woe and delivers a few boots. Michaels blocks a bulldog attempt as RAW goes to commercial. Flying forearm smash by Michaels and he starts his comeback. Michaels slaps Billy and hit’s a top rope elbow drop. Michaels nails Gunn with a super kick for the win.
Well, the only positive from this show is maybe the main event. The opener was incredibly boring and Mero’s match was just uninteresting. This was just a sub-par episode in my opinion.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.