Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Miami, FL
1.)Roddy Piper defeated Tom Stone
2.)Hercules defeated Carl Nelson
3.)Dino Bravo defeated Terry Bronson
4.)Ron Garvin defeated Pete Sanchez
5.)Mr. Perfect defeated Scotty Williams
6.)Demolition defeated the Powers of Pain by disqualification
1. Tonight, we will find out what the main event will be for WrestleMania VI. Jesse Ventura claims to know it but isn’t going to tell us! It takes all of five minutes for the announcement to be made that WWF World Champion Hulk Hogan wrestling WWF Intercontinental Champion the Ultimate Warrior. However, Jack Tunney says we will find out which championship is defended at a later date. Are you serious?
2. We hear from the Honkytonk Man and Greg Valentine who say they don’t want the featured article in the WWF Magazine but rather the cover!
3. This week on the Brother Love show, Rick Martel is the special guest. Martel says Love is always color coordinated. Martel reveals his new fragrance, Arrogance. That’s right, this is the debut of Arrogance. Love wants a sneak smell and Martel does just that. Love really enjoys the smell. Martel is going to be spraying some sense into some people here in the WWF.
4. We heard from Mr. Perfect and Dino Bravo during their matches. Perfect claimed that he will win the WWF World Championship before Mania and Bravo believes he will be the WWF Intercontinental Champion before Mania. I’d assume those are our house show matches for the next few months.
5. Ted DiBiase cut a promo on Jake Roberts after we saw the segment from last week. DiBiase notes that he almost ended Roberts career. He tells Bossman that he was hired to do a job and calls him a fool for not taking his money. According to DiBiase, they both have the same crime to pay for!
6. Barbarian and Smash opened the main event this week. They do a test of strength with Barbarian delivering a knee lift to gain the cheap advantage. Smash fought back with several strikes before tagging in Ax. Barbarian is being controlled by Demolition for a few moments. Smash punches Warlord on the apron but is stopped by Barbarian with a right hand. Smash is worked on by the Powers of Pain as they focus on his ribs and lower back. Ax gets the hot tag and cleans house with clotheslines and a scoop slam on Barbarian. All four men begin to brawl with Demolition getting the better of the exchange. Warlord gets the cane from Mr. Fuji but is knocked down by Smash. Smash hits both men with the cane. Demolition has won by disqualification, though.
7. Next week, Brutus Beefcake will be in action against Rick Rude. Rude says he is going to make Beefcake into chop liver. Beefcake chimes in and says that Rude could wake up totally bald next week!
I’m really starting to like the Model gimmick given to Martel. He is really playing the role great. If they wanted to he could probably be taken into a higher spot in the card. The featured bout this week was okay. The Warlord is just bad out there and is made to look rather foolish. I’d consider the episode to be average this week. There were a few bright spots, though, so it may be worth your time if you like Superstars, to watch it.
Thanks for reading.