Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Dayton, OH
1.)Big Bossman defeated the Brooklyn Brawler
2.)Boris Zhukov defeated Scott Colton
3.)Dusty Rhodes defeated Paul Diamond
4.)Bad News Brown defeated Troy Williams
5.)Earthquake defeated Alan Reynolds
6.)Jim Duggan defeated Buddy Rose
1. Ted DiBiase shared comments during Bossman’s squash match this week. DiBiase says that Cobb County was disgusting and flaunts that when you are rich you get items made. He has had a wrestling buddy made of himself.
2. Mean Gene hosts the WWF Update. This week focuses on the new team of Hercules and Paul Roma. Hercules says they were missing one thing and that has changed. Slick enters the picture and is now managing Hercules and Roma! Slick gives them the name of Power and Glory!
3. Bad News Brown brings something out to the ring that is covered. It appears to be rats in a cage, apparently.
4. Brother Love is back with his talk show. His guests this week are imposters to Demolition. That’s right, this week his guests are the new tag team known as the Legion of Doom! Animal says they don’t walk in anyone’s shadow on this earth. He says that Demolition has never seen anything like himself and Hawk! Hawk chimes in and says that a man has to do what a man has to do. Hawk is going to make Demolition into their imposters! Hawk warns Demolition that they will be right behind the WWF World Tag Team Champions!
5. A vignette promoting Sgt. Slaughter is aired again this week. Slaughter says there is a disgusting smell in the air and he says it is Nikolai Volkoff. Slaughter is ripping on people supporting Volkoff. He hates the smell of peace. He thinks they need a new smell and he wants the smell of war! Slaughter is going to have Volkoff smell defeat!
Another fine episode as they continue to hype up some new talent and promote matches for SummerSlam. It doesn’t have a repetitive feel like it may in the next couple of weeks. I’m looking forward to see how they continue to advance feuds on Superstars.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.