Rebooking The WWF: Week 2 1993
Week two of the rebooking process sees matches for the Royal Rumble being made. Bret Hart responds to Randy Savage’s challenge!
WWF Superstars 1/9/1993
1. Steiner Brothers defeated Barry Horowitz/PJ Walker in 3:57 when Scott pinned Walker.
2. Royal Rumble 1993 Report: Features a promo by Bam-Bam Bigelow promoting his match with Jim Duggan at the Royal Rumble. Bigelow made it clear that he is going to knock some sense into the dumb, thick skull of Duggan. Bigelow is beginning his path of destruction for WWF Gold. Segment also features quick promos by Crush, the Bushwhackers and the Natural Disasters regarding the Royal Rumble match.
3. Jim Duggan defeated Mike Sharpe in 1:22 following a running clothesline.
4. Shawn Michaels Interview: Mean Gene conducted the interview and talks about the upcoming match with Marty Jannetty at the Royal Rumble. Michaels claims that he isn’t afraid of Jannetty because he knows that he is the better of the two. Michaels claims that he carried the Rockers and that Jannetty was just a bum trying to collect a paycheck while Michaels did all the work. Michaels only regrets not kicking Jannetty to the curb sooner than he did. Marty Jannetty comes over to the interview set and attacks Michaels from behind. Jannetty gets a few shots in until several officials intervene and Michaels runs away.
5. Repo Man defeated Duane Gill in 3:00 following a power slam.
6. Ric Flair defeated Reno Riggins in 2:43 with the figure four
WWF Wrestling Challenge 1/10/1993
1. Crush defeated Kamala in 6:28 with the Kona Vice.
2. Royal Rumble 1993 Report: Big Bossman promo regarding Yokozuna. Bossman isn’t afraid of Yokozuna’s size as Bossman has dealt with larger and tougher guys in prison and always came out on top. Bossman assures the fans that Yokozuna will be serving hard time!
3. Beverly Brothers defeated Barry Horowitz/Louie Spicolli in 3:03 when Beau pinned Horowitz.
4. Yokozuna w/ Mr. Fuji Interview: Mr. Fuji talks to Mean Gene about how Yokozuna was attacked from behind and calls Bossman a coward. Fuji proclaims that at the Royal Rumble Yokozuna will take Bossman out of commission.
5. Doink the Clown defeated Mike Collins in 1:35 following the Whoopee Cushion
6. WWF World Tag Team Champions Money Inc. defeated Glenn Ruth/Barry Hardy in 4:03 when DiBiase pinned Ruth.
WWF RAW 1/11/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. The Undertaker defeated Repo Man in 5:29 following the tombstone pile driver.
2. WWF Royal Rumble 1993 Report: Mr. Perfect cuts a promo regarding the Royal Rumble. Perfect believes that the perfect wrestler will prevail and it is only fitting for Mr. Perfect to come out on top. Jim Duggan also cuts a promo on Bam-Bam Bigelow saying that Bigelow will not beat him at the Royal Rumble, tough guy! Bobby Heenan finishes off the segment by talking about the debut of Lex Luger at the Royal Rumble. Heenan believes that Luger has all the physical tools to dominate the WWF!
3. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated Koko B. Ware in 6:04 in a non-title match
4. Bret Hart Interview: Mean Gene asks Hart about his thoughts on the challenge made by Randy Savage (who wasn’t on commentary). Hart mentions that he is a fighting champion and is willing to wrestle any man that wants to attempt to win the championship. Hart puts over Savage as being a great former champion but says that this is a new era and it is Bret Hart’s. Hart officially accepts the challenge for the Royal Rumble and makes it clear that he will prove to Randy Savage and any doubters that he is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!
5. Tatanka defeated the Brooklyn Brawler in 4:49 following the Samoan Drop.
6. Yokozuna defeated Scott Taylor in 1:05 following the Bonzai Drop.