Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Lowell, MA
1.)Lex Luger defeated George South
2.)Tatanka defeated Kwang by disqualification
3.)Men on a Mission defeated Black Phantom & Joey Stallings
4.)Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Mike Freeman
5.)Earthquake defeated Eric Cody
6.)Crush defeated Tony Roy
1. IRS provides us with some more tax tips. Pay your taxes so that the rich people don’t have to work so hard. He also tells us that if we cheat on our taxes he will call his boss and our health insurance will be canceled!
2. Kwang opens the match with a standing spin kick and spits mist into the air. Tatanka ducks under another kick and works over him with a few strikes and a scoop slam. Tatanka comes off the top rope to hit an overhand chop for a near fall. IRS is making his way down to ringside yet again as Kwang is working over Tatanka. Kwang cuts Tatanka off on every attempt of a comeback. Tatanka runs right into a superkick which gets Kwang a near fall. IRS is messing around with the headdress. Kwang spits in Tatanka’s face with mist and IRS enters to attack Tatanka. After the match, IRS ties Tatanka into the ropes and puts the headdress on and mocks Tatanka. IRS is ripping feathers off of it! Chief Jay Strongbow has made his way out to the ring. IRS is chopped by Strongbow and he gets the headdress. IRS cheap shots Strongbow from behind and Tatanka is still stuck in the ropes. IRS has destroyed the headdress. (**. The match was rather boring and consisted of a lot of rest holds. But, the aftermath was very good and I enjoyed it a great deal.)
3. A video promoting the debut of Duke “The Dumpster” Droese is aired. Duke is coming soon to climb up the WWF ranks.
4. Shawn Michaels is back with the Heartbreak Hotel. This week, Owen Hart is the special guest. Owen says it is an honor to be on the Heartbreak Hotel. He brags about his win over Bret at WrestleMania X. Owen is now wanting to win the WWF World Championship from Bret! Michaels mentions that Bret said he is champion now and Owen can’t beat him. Owen considers that to just be an excuse and he will beat him again for the WWF World Championship this time!
5. Johnny Polo chats with IRS backstage. IRS doesn’t care about Tatanka’s health and says all he had to was pay the gift tax!
An average episode for Superstars yet again. I enjoyed the angle advancement between IRS and Tatanka as it was nicely done and gives the feud a big push. Seriously, they did a great job of making IRS look like a complete jerk. Aside from that, it was just your standard episode of Superstars.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.