Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Lowell, MA
1.)Doink the Clown defeated Bert Centeno
2.)The Smoking Gunns defeated Gary Steele & Doug Smith
3.)IRS defeated Burt Stiles
4.)WWF Intercontinental Champion Razor Ramon defeated Adam Bomb
5.)WWF World Tag Team Champions the Quebecers defeated Scott Taylor & Ben Jordan
6.)Owen Hart defeated Gary Sabaugh
1. Vince McMahon’s microphone isn’t working and it looks like Jerry Lawler had unplugged his microphone. So, that allowed Lawler to put himself over. Doink comes out and tosses confetti at Lawler.
2. The Heartbreak Hotel is back with Shawn Michaels. Michaels continues to push for Razor Ramon to give Diesel a WWF Intercontinental Championship match. His guest this week is Mr. Perfect! Michaels says that Perfect proved that he is a stand up guy at Mania and proved to be the perfect referee. Perfect goes on to say that Lex Luger broke the rules and Perfect called it fairly. Perfect is confused when Michaels says that Perfect is rumored to hold a grudge. Perfect notes that if he held a grudge he wouldn’t be talking to Michaels right now. Perfect proves he doesn’t hold a grudge as he shakes Michaels hand. Perfect doesn’t hold a grudge that Luger knocked him out at WrestleMania IX! They comes to the conclusion that Luger is the man who holds the grudge. Perfect says no one puts their hands on him and get away with it!
3. Another video promoting the debut of Duke “The Dumpster” Droese is aired. He will be picking up and taking out the garbage in the WWF.
4. Bomb attacks Ramon before the bell and hammers away on the champ in the corner. Bomb drives Ramon down to the canvas with a scoop slam but misses an elbow drop. Ramon sends Bomb over the top to the floor with a big clothesline. They are on the floor where Bomb drops Ramon with a short arm clothesline. Back in the ring, Bomb gets a two count following a slingshot clothesline from the apron. Bomb is nearly rolled up by Ramon but regains control quickly. Ramon knee lifts Bomb and goes for the Razors Edge, which he hits! Ramon goes for the cover and wins the match. (**. It was a rather quick bout and they tried to do a lot in the time given. However, it’s obvious that Bomb doesn’t have much going for him in a heel role. That finish was kind of abrupt and weakened the power aspect of Bomb to be picked up like that and finished with rather ease.) After the match, Jerry Lawler walks out and suggests that Ramon’s luck has gone bad since he walked under the ladder at Mania. Ramon shows off the belt and gets in Lawler’s face. Lawler thinks Ramon is afraid of Shawn Michaels and Diesel. Ramon likes nothing better than a good fight and says that he accepts any challenge at any time. Lawler suggests Ramon defend against Diesel next week on Superstars. Ramon accepts the match! It’s going to be Diesel vs. Ramon for the championship next week!
5. To close the show, Jerry Lawler interviews Diesel and Shawn Michaels. Diesel says they made it clear they wanted the WWF Intercontinental Championship. He says that Razor Ramon has fallen into the trap and the championship is going to be coming back where it belongs!
A good episode this week. The Bomb/Ramon match wasn’t too bad this week and the interview with Perfect was good as well. It did a great job of hyping up the feud between Perfect and Luger. Plus, it’s great to see Perfect back playing the heel role. This one gets a thumbs up from me.
Thanks for reading.
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.