Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Danbury, CT
1.) Men on a Mission defeated Ross Greenberg & Tim McNeany
2.) Kama defeated Duke Droese in a 1995 King of the Ring Tournament Qualifier
3.) Shawn Michaels defeated Tom Pritchard
4.) Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Brian Walsh
5.) Techno Team 2000 defeated Barry Horowitz & the Brooklyn Brawler
1. Droese drops Kama with a clothesline after ducking under a big boot. Kama kicks Droese as he ran towards the corner. Kama goes for a middle rope splash but Droese gets his knees up. Droese dropkicks Kama and continues his offense with a snap suplex. Kama comes off the ropes and Droese hits a snap power slam. Droese backdrops Kama but misses an elbow drop. Kama plants Droese with a spine buster and wins the match. (1/2*. Well, the finish was out of nowhere. Kama was being dominated the entire match it felt and wins after one move. He doesn’t come across as a dominate force, at all.)
2. Michaels trips Pritchard and casually walks on Tom’s back, but is met with right hands as a result of the disrespect. Michaels slides to the floor and spanks Cornette with his tennis racket. Pritchard goes to the floor and is hit with it as well. Michaels off the top to hit a double axe handle and dropkicks Tom to the floor. Del Ray pulls the ropes and Michaels crashes to the floor. On the floor, Del Ray rams Shawn back first into the ring post. Del Ray hits a somersault dive off the apron onto Michaels! The referee sees it and breaks the hold. Tom quickly gets a sleeper hold on Michaels and the fans get behind Michaels. Shawn drops Pritchard with a back suplex but Tom regains control with a vertical suplex as we go to commercial. HBK battles back with a swinging neck breaker and a leaping forearm shot. Michaels scoop slams Pritchard and heads to the top and hits an elbow drop! Pritchard misses a running attack and is met with a super kick which gives HBK the win! (*1/2. An alright squash match here for the most part. Pritchard got some decent offense in, but this was just a way to give Michaels a TV win heading towards KOTR. A match with Del Ray would be kind of neat with Michaels, too.)
3. WWF World Champion Diesel and Bam-Bam Bigelow make their way down to the ring to be interviewed by Dox Hendrix. Dox hypes up the KOTR tag team match next month. Bigelow is honored to have Diesel as his partner at the event. Diesel talks about anything happening in the WWF and how usually it does happen. Diesel says he and Bigelow are buddies now. He notes that he and Michaels are buddies again too. Hendrix says that Sid said he is going to take the WWF World Championship next time. Diesel isn’t all that afraid and mocks Sid. He brags about kicking out of Sid’s power bomb. Bigelow talks about knowing Tatanka and says he quit the Corporation. He won’t quit watching Diesel’s back!
4. It’s time for another vignette to promote the debut of Skip and Sunny. We are in the gym with them this time. They’re basically better than everyone else.
5. This is the television debut of the Techno Team 2000. The team was Erik Watts and Chad Fortune.
A stronger show this week than the past couple for sure as Michaels and Pritchard put on an entertaining show. The Diesel/Bigelow promo was hard to take seriously and they are both rather poor talkers.
Thanks for reading.
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.