Rebooking The WWF: Week 21, 1994
Fallout from In Your House!
WWF RAW 5/23/1994
1. Scott Norton defeated Eric Estrada in 2:36 following a shoulder breaker.
2. Kings Court w/ The British Bulldog: Jerry Lawler is annoyed prior to introducing his guest saying that this man ruined the night for a dear friend of his, Ted DiBiase. Lawler says that Bulldog needs to get over the fact that he wasn’t good enough for Diana and DiBiase won her heart. Jerry thinks is cowardly for Bulldog to screw Ted over last night against the Undertaker. Bulldog makes his way down to the ring and has a smile on his face. Bulldog notes that he hasn’t been able to smile in recent times because of what the million dollar scum Ted DiBiase has done to him lately. Lawler cuts into Bulldog’s time and says that it’s not Ted’s fault that Bulldog wasn’t a good enough man for Diane. Diane left Bulldog to be treated like a Queen. Lawler wishes she was his queen and says that Ted is one lucky man. Lawler tells Bulldog he has to accept the fact he wasn’t good enough. Bulldoh grabs the microphone and tells Lawler that while he is still in love with Diane, he isn’t going to sit here and be insulted by Lawler. He can do better and he will break DiBiase in half just as Diane has done to him! “DiBiase, I’m challenging you to a one on one match. Be a man and step into the ring with his furious dog.”
3. Ludvig Borga defeated George Anderson in 2:55 following a back breaker.
4. Randy Savage defeated Tim White in 2:11 following a top rope elbow drop. After the match, the mystery masked man associated with Ric Flair appeared and attacked Savage from behind. The masked man planted Savage with a spine buster and quickly left the ring while the announcers are left confused as to who the masked man could possibly be!
5. Carlos Vega Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Carlos Vega regarding what he did to Razor Ramon last week. Vega came out smoking a cigar and blowing it into a few fans faces with a huge smile on his face. That smile would change when Razor Ramon ran out from behind and attacked Vega! Ramon grabs Vega and sends him into the ring post shoulder first. Vega is pulled up and Ramon signals for the Razor Edge on the floor! Ramon sets him up and hits the Edge on the floor! Several officials run down to escort Ramon backstage while Vega is checked on by the medical staff!
6. Tatanka defeated Tim York in 2:26 following a Samoan Drop.
7. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated the Kamikaze Kid in 5:07 following a diving headbutt to advance in the 1994 King of the Ring Tournament.
WWF Superstars 5/28/1994
1. WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel defeated Steve Young in 2:48 with the Boston Crab.
2. Lex Luger Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Lex Luger and brought up the fact that the WWF World Championship is still around the waist of the Undertaker. Ross wants to know what Luger’s plan is to regain the championship. Lex tells Ross that since he loss the championship at WrestleMania he has been waiting for the perfect time to reclaim his title. Luger says he wanted to make sure that he was ready to combat Taker and wanted to beat Taker in a match that he has perfected in his career to prove to the world that he is truly the greatest wrestler to ever exist. Ross presses Luger to tell us his plan. Luger pauses and then reveals that he is issuing a challenge to the Undertaker for June 19th at King of the Ring. The match isn’t going to be any kind of match, either. No, Luger is challenging Taker to a casket match! Luger wants to bury Taker six feet under and reclaim what is rightfully his and that’s the WWF World Championship!
3. The Smoking Gunns defeated Tony Smith & Mike Yates in 2:19 when Billy pinned Yates.
4. Sionne defeated Barry Horowitz in 1:35 following a top rope diving headbutt. This was Sionne’s in-ring debut.
5. Hulk Hogan Interview: Vince McMahon conducted a sit down interview with Hulk Hogan a couple of days ago. Vince asks Hogan about what happened to Randy Savage on RAW earlier in the week and his reaction to the attack. Hulk tells Vince that Flair and the masked man are sending him a message by attacking his friend, Randy Savage. Hulk knows he and Savage have had their ups and downs but Hogan makes it clear that he will always consider Randy a brother. Hogan proceeds to tell McMahon that Flair and the masked man are cowards and if they want to go around attacking people then they need to prepare themselves for the consequences. Hulk tells McMahon that he is going to talk to Macho and they will figure out a plan of attack against Flair and the masked man.
6. Razor Ramon defeated Bill Curtis in 2:42 following the Razors Edge.
7. Chris Benoit defeated Sparky Plugg in 5:33 following a German suplex to advance in the 1994 King of the Ring Tournament.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 5/29/1994
1. Jeff Jarrett defeated Fred Williams in 3:44 following a jumping DDT. During the match, a pre-tape promo by Jarrett was aired. Jarrett notes that the biggest star in the WWF has been nothing but a second thought. He was the man who took Mr. Perfect out of the WWF and now he is doing nothing. Jeff says he will do what needs to be done sooner rather than later to get recongition.
2. Shawn Michaels & Diesel Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the WWF World Tag Team Champions Shawn Michaels and Diesel. The topic of discussion is the lack of challengers for their titles. Ross reveals that next week on Wrestling Challenge there will be a tag team battle royal where the winners of the battle royal will earn a title shot against Michaels and Diesel. Michaels scouffs at the announcement and says that there isn’t a team in the WWF that can beat them for the tag team titles. They are best tag team going today and that will not change. They have the combination of skill and looks. Michaels finishes off saying that the teams can try and chase their goal of being a champion but they will face the harsh reality of being nothing but a failure.
3. Scott Steiner defeated Frank Robinson in 2:13 following a Frankensteiner
4. The Heavenly Bodies defeated Hank Thomas & Scott Studd in 2:44 when Del Ray pinned Studd.
5. Undertaker/Lex Luger Video Package: A video promoting the feud between Lex Luger and WWF World Champion the Undertaker is shown. The video heavily promotes their casket match taking place at the King of the Ring next month. Can the Undertaker retain the title or will Lex Luger bury his biggest foe six feet under to get his championship back?
6. Ron Simmons defeated IRS in 6:17 following a spine buster. During the match, Bob Backlund cut a promo telling the WWF fans that they need to wake up and idolize Hunter Hearst Helmsley instead of someone like Ron Simmons noting the victory at In Your House last weekend as well.