Written by: Bob Colling
World Wrestling Federation presents Superstars
From: Wilkes-Barre, PA
1.)Men on a Mission defeated the Brooklyn Brawler & Brian Costello
2.)Adam Bomb defeated Tony DeVito
3.)Mr. Hughes defeated Jason Headings
4.)The Headshrinkers defeated Dave Thornberg & Bret Tyler
5.)Mr. Perfect defeated Glen Ruth
6.)Sensational Sherri fought Luna Vachon to a no contest
1. Mean Gene hosts the Face to Face segment with the 1-2-3 Kid and Doink the Clown. They will be wrestling at Madison Square Garden on August 13th. Kid is honored to wrestle at the arena. Doink is laughing at Kid as he talks. Doink says he considers the 1-2-3 Kid as being just a child.
2. Gorilla Monsoon hosts WWF Update. The segment highlights Lex Luger as he is traveling across the United States. There is a video promoting Luger interacting with children.
3. Mr. Hughes continues to destroy black wreaths that have been at ringside during his matches.
4. We see footage from the Wrestling Challenge where Jerry Lawler interviewed the Undertaker for the Kings Court. Lawler gives Taker credit for a good trick with the lights. Lawler tries to joke around with Taker, but obviously Taker is not amused. Lawler brings up the urn being gone and how Mr. Hughes has it. Taker grabs the microphone when Lawler says that Hughes told him that he was going to put Taker inside the urn. Taker warns Lawler to be worried about how close he is standing to deaths door. Taker tells Hughes that if he gets the urn back he will send Hughes into his demise quickly. If not, it will be a slow death for him.
5. There wasn’t a match between Sherri and Luna. Instead, Bam-Bam Bigelow came out with Luna and got on the microphone to insult Sherri. Bigelow is sick and tired of having Sherri’s face around. Sherri slaps Bigelow! Luna chokes Sherri while the referee backs Bigelow away. Tatanka runs out to the ring and brawls with Bigelow. Tatanka sends Bigelow to the floor but Luna continues to choke Sherri. Tatanka finally goes to help Sherri but Luna clearly hurt Sherri.
A rather lackluster episode this week. There wasn’t a feature match but rather just an angle advancement for Bigelow/Tatanka. The promo by Taker was basic but I liked Lawler’s interaction with him. Anyway, this one gets a thumbs down from me.
Thanks for reading.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.