On RAW, Shawn Michaels squares off against Rick Steiner. Plus, Lex Luger is a guest on the Kings Court. On Superstars, we get an update on Crush. On Wrestling Challenge, Bam-Bam Bigelow taunts the Undertaker and Bart Gunn meets IRS in singles action.
WWF RAW 7/19/1993 (Manhattan, NY)
1. The Quebecers defeated Steve Buck/Jose Estrada in 1:03 when Pierre pinned Estrada.
2. Kings Court w/ Lex Luger: Jerry Lawler conducted an interview with fellow king, Lex Luger. Lawler put over Luger as his personal hero for attacking Bret Hart after their tag match and said that he couldn’t wait for Luger to beat Hart when it matters at SummerSlam. Lawler also asked about the new submission move he unveiled at SNME and put on Hart. Luger thanks Lawler for what he has to say and finds it refreshing that someone has finally realized that Bret Hart is no match to him. Luger talks about the submission move that he has named the Torture Rack. Luger states that the move is far more damaging than the Sharpshooter and no one will be able to break free from the hold. Luger tells Lawler that with the addition of the submission hold, he will be unbeatable and will become the WWF World Champion!
3. Tatanka defeated Mark Ming in 1:47 following a Samoan Drop.
4. Ron Simmons Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Ron Simmons who was upset about Crush being taken out of action thanks to Yokozuna. Simmons notes that Yokozuna has put Jim Duggan and Crush on the shelf and it seems that no one wants to step up and take him on. Well, Simmons says that he is stepping up and challenges Yokozuna to a fight at SummerSlam. Simmons finishes off saying that he isn’t going to give up until Yokozuna is defeated.
5. Jim Neidhart defeated Joey Maggs in 2:05 following a running power slam. During the bout, pre-tape comments from Jeff Jarrett were aired. Jarrett had a pair of hair clippers with him and continued to say that he is going to shave Neidhart’s goatee.
6. WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels defeated WWF World Tag Team Champion Rick Steiner in 8:19 when the Natural Disasters attacked Steiner on the floor leading to Michaels getting the win following a tear drop suplex. After the match, Scott Steiner, , Tatanka, Diesel and Randy Savage ran down to the ring to have a huge brawl to close out the show.
WWF Superstars 7/24/1993
1. Marty Jannetty defeated Dusty Wolfe in 2:36 following the Rocker Dropper.
2. Bret Hart Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the WWF World Champion, Bret Hart. Ross talks about Luger’s submission hold, which Hart says was one of the most painful moves he has ever been put in. Hart believes there is a way out of every move and will find way to counter the Torture Rack. Hart assures the fans that he will walk out of SummerSlam with the WWF World Champion around his waist.
3. Jerry Lawler defeated the Kamikaze Kid in 2:46 following a pile driver.
4. Crush Update: Vince McMahon narrates the update on Crush saying that Crush has suffered broken ribs due to Yokozuna’s Bonsai Drop. McMahon wishes Crush a speedy recovery.
5. Kamala defeated Mike Richards in 1:03 following a big splash.
6. Randy Savage defeated Terry Taylor in 5:11 following a top rope elbow drop.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 7/25/1993
1. Owen Hart defeated Nick Jones in 1:49 following a missile dropkick.
2. Bam-Bam Bigelow Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Bam-Bam Bigelow. McMahon is clearly happy to see that the Undertaker is back in the WWF and tells Bigelow that it looks like he is going to be meeting the Undertaker at SummerSlam. Bigelow tells McMahon that he isn’t afraid of the Undertaker and that he was simply caught off guard by the return. Bigelow tries to convince McMahon that he isn’t intimdated by Taker by saying that he has already signed the contract and will wrestle the Undertaker at SummerSlam. He finishes off saying that he has beaten the Undertaker before and he will do it again and this time, the Undertaker will not comeback from it!
3. Doink the Clown defeated Jim Powers in 3:17 following the Whoopee Cushion.
4. Ric Flair Interview: Pre-tape comments from Ric Flair were aired where he said that at SNME he got the first strike in against Mr. Perfect and knows he has the mental advantage. He mentions again how Perfect has never beaten him and because of that fact, he will never be the man!
5. Mr. Perfect defeated Blake Gordon in 2:41 following the Perfect Plex.
6. IRS defeated Bart Gunn in 6:08 following a lariat. After the match, IRS got extra physical with Bart until Billy tried to run down but was cut off by Ted DiBiase. Money Inc. ended up standing tall over the Smoking Gunns to end the show.
34-year-old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Long-time fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls, and Minnesota Vikings. An avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on old-school wrestling.