This week in the WWF, Lex Luger is guest on Kings Court on RAW. The King of the Ring qualifying matches begin as well. Also on RAW, Crush competes against Razor Ramon. On Superstars, the Mountie continues to get under Tatanka’s skin. On Wrestling Challenge, Kamala tries his luck in singles action against Yokozuna. Plus, much more!
WWF RAW 4/12/1993 (Manhattan, NY. Show was taped on 4/5)
1. Ric Flair defeated Max Moon to advance to the second round in the 1993 King of the Ring tournament in 5:48 with the figure four leg lock.
2. Kings Court w/ Lex Luger: Luger talks about his “dominating” win over Mr. Perfect at WrestleMania IX and how he believe he has all the momentum leading into the King of the Ring tournament taking place on June 13th. Lawler brings up how the winner of the tournament will get a WWF World Championship shot at SummerSlam. Luger mentions how he promised that he will be the WWF World Championship by the end of the year and repeats that he will be. Luger knows that he is unbeatable and doesn’t care who the champion may be by SummerSlam but Luger knows it is only a matter of time until he is the WWF World Champion. Luger claims that he will be the perfect champion and will be the most dominating champion in WWF history. Luger tells the fans that they need to accept the fact that he is better than everyone else! Luger finishes off the segment by posing for the fans as Lawler puts over Luger heavily.
3. Marty Jannetty defeated Chris Hammrick in 2:38 following the Rocker Dropper.
4. Mr. Perfect Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Mr. Perfect. McMahon brings up how Perfect has made it clear that his focus is on Ric Flair and getting revenge. Perfect talks about how Flair crushed his dreams of being the WWF World Champion. Perfect wasn’t even given the opportunity because Flair couldn’t wrestle like the man he claims to be and had to use brass knuckles. Perfect knows that Flair wants to end Perfect and Perfect wants to end Flair. Perfect tells Ross that considering they both want to end each other; they should have a contest where the loser must leave the WWF forever! Ross ends the interview segment hyping up whether or not Ric Flair will accept the challenge!
5. The Headshrinkers defeated Jim Powers/Louie Spicolli in 1:37 when Fatu pinned Powers following a big splash off the top rope. During the bout, the Nasty Boys shared some pre-tape comments. Knobs is stick and tired of hearing how tough the Headshrinkers are. The Nasty’s know that they are the baddest and toughest tag team in the WWF and they will prove that by kicking the Headshrinkers butts!
6. Razor Ramon defeated Crush by count-out in 7:53 after Yokozuna came out and attacked Crush by leg dropping Crush on the floor.
WWF Superstars 4/17/1993
1. Terry Taylor defeated Barry Horowitz in 2:54 following a sit out gut wrench power bomb.
2. Crush Video: A video of Crush walking on a beach is shown. Crush talks about how someone needs to step up and take on Yokozuna since America’s hero Jim Duggan has been brutally beaten. Crush says he is the man to take Yokozuna out and send him back to Japan. Crush proceeds to grab a coconut and smashes the coconut while saying that he will crush Yokozuna!
3. Big Bossman defeated Mike Sharpe in 1:15 following a side walk slam.
4. Steiner Brothers Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with the Steiner Brothers regarding their future plans. Scott maintains his belief that if it weren’t for the illegal use of a briefcase that the Steiner Brothers would be holding the WWF World Tag Team Championships. Scott calls Money Inc. ‘cowards” and that they will stop at nothing until they get another shot at Money Inc. Rick chimes in and suggests that they should get a match with Money Inc. under a no disqualification stipulation. The fans like the sound of that. Scott Steiner finishes off the interview by saying that they are going to plead their case to Jack Tunney and demand that they get a shot at Money Inc.!
5. Bam-Bam Bigelow defeated Joey Maggs in 0:34 following a flying head butt. During the bout, Paul Bearer shares some pre-tape comments. Bearer warns Bigelow to enjoy his time while the Undertaker is out because the Undertaker will return and get his revenge on Bigelow!
6. WWF Intercontinental Champion Tatanka defeated Mike Bucci in 1:47 following a Samoan Drop. During the bout, the Mountie shared some pre-tape comments while teasing the fans with his cattle prod. Mountie notes that Tatanka has a championship that he once held for only a couple of days but Mountie has been trying ever so hard to get another chance at the belt. Mountie mentions how he was screwed over back in November and never got a title shot against the champion at the time (Bulldog). Mountie knows that he has gotten Tatanka’s attention and will get everyone’s attention when he takes the championship away from Tatanka!
WWF Wrestling Challenge 4/18/1993
1. Doink the Clown defeated Chris Kanyon in 2:05 following the Whoopee Cushion.
2. Jeff Jarrett Vignette: Jarrett returns with another vignette where he continues to talk about how great of a singer he is and how he will soon prove that he is truly the “best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be” when it comes to wrestling. Jarrett is focusing on all the major talents in the WWF because he knows he is an elite superstar!
3. WWF World Champion Bret Hart defeated Barry Hardy in 1:46 with the Sharpshooter. During the bout, Bret Hart had some pre-tape comments regarding Bam-Bam Bigelow. Hart puts over Bigelow’s size but Hart isn’t intimidated by Bigelow. Hart is going to knock whatever teeth Bigelow has left and continue to prove that why he is the WWF World Champion and why he is the best at what he does!
4. Randy Savage Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Randy Savage. Ross mentions that Razor Ramon has said that he isn’t done with Randy Savage. Savage doesn’t mind Ramon wanting more because Savage is confident that he can beat Ramon several more times! Ross brings up the King of the Ring tournament and Savage reveals that he has been entered into the tournament. Savage knows that the only way he can earn a title shot is to win the tournament and he is going to do just that. Savage acknowledges that he doesn’t have much time left in the ring but he wants to go out on top and he will do the best he can to become the WWF World Champion once again. Savage finishes off by saying that he was once King Macho Man and that he will reclaim his throne!
5. The Beverly Brothers defeated the Bushwhackers in 4:51 when Beau pinned Luke.
6. Yokozuna defeated Kamala in 4:33 following the Bonsai Drop. After the match, Crush ran down to the ring to save Kamala from a second Bonsai Drop. Crush knocked Yokozuna to the floor much to the delight of the fans.
31-year old currently living in Syracuse, New York. Longtime fan of the New York Mets, Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Vikings. Avid fan of professional wrestling and write reviews/articles on the product. Usually focusing on the old school wrestling.