Rebooking The WWF: Week 17, 1994
Fallout from In Your House…
WWF RAW 4/25/1994
1. Sparky Plugg defeated Duane Gill in 3:19 following a top rope missile dropkick. After the match, Plugg cut a promo with Jim Ross saying that he is going to be a champion in the ring just as he has been on the race track.
2. Kings Court w/Ted DiBiase & Diana Smith: Jerry Lawler opens the segment talking about In Your House and how big of a event it was. He begins to talk about how great it was to see the British Bulldog embarrassed by Ted DiBiase and his wife, or maybe ex-wife, Diane Smith! Lawler proceeds to introduce his guests this week, Ted DiBiase and Diana Smith! DiBiase has never been happier while Smith is wearing a very nice gold dress. DiBiase holds the ropes open for Smith and when she enters Lawler kisses her hand like she is a queen. Ted laughs into the microphone before saying “Oh, King, what a great night it is to be the Million Dollar Man!” DiBiase talks about beating Bulldog last night and taking the love of his life. DiBiase tells King that Diana Smith was never treated with the proper respect that she deserves and Bulldog could never give her everything she wants and deserves in her life. However, DiBiase can and will do just that! Lawler believes that Bulldog will never show his face out of embarrassment and shame. DiBiase closes out the segment by saying if that is the case, here is a highlight for him at home. Ted grabs Diana and makes out with her to a course of boos!
3. Ludvig Borga defeated Tom Howard in 2:55 following a shoulder breaker.
4. Yokozuna defeated Steve Johnson in 2:16 following the Bonzai Drop.
5. Bob Backlund Arrives: While Vince McMahon is talking about the main event involving Simmons and Jarrett, Bob Backlund comes out of nowhere and grabs a microphone from the ring announcer. Backlund is outraged by McMahon promoting Ron Simmons as a hero for America and the same for Hulk Hogan. They are both losers! America has been rooting for losers! McMahon wants to know why Backlund is doing this right now. Backlund tells McMahon that he is finding the man that the WWF should adore and idolize and it is not Ron Simmons or Hulk Hogan. Backlund is going to find a winner to better America!
6. Owen Hart defeated Tim Richardson in 2:09 with a German suplex. During the match, Chris Benoit shared some comments saying that he would have great satisfaction in beating Owen up again.
7. Bam-Bam Bigelow Interview: Vince McMahon notes that WWF World Champion the Undertaker retained his championship over his guest this week, Bam-Bam Bigelow! Bigelow is not happy whatsoever as he marches down to the ring and is clearly annoyed with McMahon despite the fact McMahon hasn’t said anything. McMahon asks for Bigelow’s thoughts on what happened last night. Bigelow knows that he had the Undertaker beaten but then Lex Luger had to get involved. Bigelow is fed up with Luger being self absorbed and tells McMahon that he is going to get his hands on Luger. Bigelow hears a few fans cheering, but he quickly tells them that he is going to get his hands on Luger not for the fans, but for himself. Bigelow closes the segment off by saying Luger has a sparked a fire inside Bigelow that he will regret igniting.
8. Ron Simmons defeated Jeff Jarrett in 7:18 following a spine buster. After the match, Simmons celebrates his win when he comes off the middle rope he sees Bob Backlund in the middle of the ring. Simmons laughs at Backlund, who slaps Simmons and quickly leaves the ring. While on the floor, Backlund yells that he will find the guy that America can be proud of!
WWF Superstars 4/30/1994
1. Marty Jannetty defeated Jimmy Del Ray in 7:11 following the Rocker Dropper.
2. Scott Steiner Interview: Jim Ross is with Scott Steiner to talk about what happened last week. Ross mentions Rick Steiner’s injury. Scott tells Ross that Rick has torn his knee up pretty bad and is likely out for eight months to a year. Scott is emotional about it but says that the injury that Rick has suffered will only motivate him to achieve success as a singles wrestler. Ross inquires about Scott’s goals for the future. Scott says his ultimate goal is to win the WWF World Championship but he has to work his way up to that point and he will do just that. So, he is putting a “certain wannabe model” on notice and that some WWF gold will be Scott Steiner’s waist in just a matter of time!
3. WWF World Tag Team Champions Diesel & Shawn Michaels defeated Joey Cage & Mike Shannon in 3:17 when Michaels pinned Cage.
4. Crush defeated Paul Diamond in 2:38 with the Kona Vice.
5. Lex Luger Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Lex Luger. McMahon tells Luger that he has angered Bam-Bam Bigelow and now he has a beast and a deadman to worry about. Luger tries to play it off as minor issue. Luger says he and Bigelow have the same goal in mind and that is to take the championship off of the Undertaker. Luger just says that Bigelow wasn’t good enough to beat the Undertaker. However, Luger is good enough and when he invokes his rematch clause, he will regain the WWF World Championship. McMahon asks if Luger is going to invoke his rematch clause any time soon, but Luger was non-committal regarding an answer. Luger just told McMahon that since he is perfection, he has to do it at the perfect time with the perfect preparation.
6. Bret Hart defeated Damien Wolf in 2:44 with the Sharpshooter. During the match, Johnny Polo cut a promo saying that his group of men are looking to lead the WWF into the future and in order to do that, they must take Bret Hart out. Polo invites Bret Hart to In Your House #2 on May 22nd to wrestle Crush!
7. WWF Intercontinental Champion Rick Martel defeated Billy Gunn in 6:15 with the Boston Crab.
WWF Wrestling Challenge 5/1/1994
1. IRS defeated Scotty Anton in 2:05 following a lariat.
2. Scott Norton Interview: Jim Ross conducted an interview with Scott Norton. Ross puts over Norton for beating Mr. Perfect at the pay per view last week. Norton tells Ross it was a piece of cake and that Mr. Perfect is a complete has been. Norton is here to take out anyone who disrespects Jeff Jarrett and to make a name for himself. Norton tells Ross that he is going to dominate the WWF in 1994.
3. Razor Ramon defeated Chris Clemons in 2:33 following the Razors Edge. After the match, Jim Ross tried to interview Ramon about responding to Vega about rejoining him. Ramon shoved Ross down and walked away ignoring the question with a disgusted look on his face.
4. Doink the Clown defeated Hank Hamsone in 2:43 following the Whoopee Cushion.
5. Tatanka Interview: Vince McMahon conducted an interview with Tatanka who is on a quest to put Yokozuna in his place. Tatanka says that for the past year and a half he has seen Yokozuna pick on smaller guys and wave the Japanese flag every night. Tatanka knows that Ron Simmons got some level of revenge in recent memory, but Yokozuna continues to disrespect people smaller than him. So, Tatanka officially challenges Yokozuna to step up to the plate try to knock the Native American down for good!
6. WWF World Champion The Undertaker defeated Eric Stevens in 2:11 following a tombstone piledriver.
7. Men on a Mission & The Smoking Gunns defeated The Quebecers & The Headshrinkers in 8:19 when Mabel pinned Quebecer Jacques after a big splash. After the match, Johnny Polo yells at Fatu and Samu for the loss as there was miscommunication between Jacques and Fatu. Polo whacks Fatu over the back with his hockey stick, but that doesn’t effect him. The Headshrinkers clean house and send Polo, Jacques and Pierre to the floor.